Answered

Trueplay and Older Models

• 30 January 2018
  • 7 replies

The release notes for version 6 indicates that Trueplay is supported by Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5 units. Has anyone tried it on a ZonePlayer S5?
icon

Best answer by John B 30 January 2018, 17:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I think that is to all intents and purposes a Play:5 gen 1. Or possibly is just a Play:5 gen 1 under an earlier name? I would expect it to work, Easy to be sure - if you go into the Room Settings for the S5 using the app on an iOS device, you'll see a Trueplay option if it's available.
It works.
Thanks. I'm still on version 4.3. :p

Trueplay is the only compelling feature to risk crippling the UI on a system that still works great.
Thanks. I'm still on version 4.3. :p

Trueplay is the only compelling feature to risk crippling the UI on a system that still works great.
It really wouldn't be crippling anything, as the UI is fine in my view, but I respect your different view. If it is worth $50 to you to find out what the latest app is like before you take this leap, get an Amazon Fire tablet. (That won't do Trueplay, it is just a way of seeing if you can tolerate the app. But give yourself some familiarity time if you do.)
Thanks for the suggestion, John. I'm sensitive, that is, lack patience for inefficient workflows, and so I've pretty much abandoned any plan to use Sonos iOS apps in favor of SonoPhone (and SonoPad if I buy an iPad). I'll upgrade to 8.3 on my iPhone to use Trueplay only.

Actually, I'm really relieved the company's product team hasn't mucked up the macOS desktop controller.
OK. And actually that was a stupid suggestion from me anyway because you would not be able to run the latest controller without upgrading everything else.
No problem, John. I should have outlined my intentions from the get go. SonoPhone serves my use case perfectly and so its usability is solidly superior to the current Sonos offering. The release of 5.0 and 8.0 with their associated faults seems to be a symptom of change driven not by functional need but a perceived urge to refresh the UI without regard to workflow.