Answered

Trueplay

• 2 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I know this has been discussed before. Asking for more attention and resolution. Ive posted in an old thread, but posting here in hopes to get some visibilty. Somehow my system had a major hiccup and i lost the voice channel from my front sound bar and my surround speakers were way too loud but playing rear right and rear left channels. They were just uber loud. Nothing was changed since i had performed the trueplay tune on initial setup. I had to borrow a neighbors kids ipod to do it 3 years ago. Im a samsung user and did not have the ability to retune the room. I only had the ability to turn off true play, and it did not improve the problem. Until i located someone with an apple product, my sonos system was completely useless, as well as my entire entertainment system. I love my sonos. I currently own 7 sonos products, but im finding it hard to continue to recommend sonos unless they support devices other than apple. I see this as a system/product defect. Please help with a resolution. Im not going to get into the whole apple android debate. There just needs to be a work around. It's a shame that something like this can make a high dollar system useless.
Like (0) Quote
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 2 February 2019, 21:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi mcdon26

Sorry for your frustration with Trueplay. I'm not a Sonos engineer or Staff member. However, the issue has been attributed to the many versions of Android devices that employ microphones differently. Apple devices all use the same array of microphones which makes it easy to adapt to a change in product upgrade and/or platform (i.e. iPhone 8 to iPhone 10 or iPhone vs iPad vs iPod). Furthermore the microphones are consistent within a product line regardless of series.

As far as your surrounds are concerned they should be adjustable via the Sonos app. All said it seems your issues go beyond TruePlay tuning as you mentioned losing a voice channel in your soundbar which I assume is a Playbar. There is no "voice" channel. However, the Playbar does incorporate L/C/R channels.

I suggest you submit a diagnostic, post the reference ID in this forum and then call Sonos or seek help via Twitter. Good luck!

Cheers!