Answered

True play tuning.....

• 5 February 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge
Wonder if anyone can help.
I use the true play on my 2 x ones and notice when I finish and look at the equaliser, the treble and bass are both set in the middle.
I prefer lots of bass and lots of treble and adjust both up.
My question is that by adjusting the treble and bass am I throwing out the true play tuning, or does it help even though I’m adjusting the end result (so is there any point using true play tuning in the first place...???)
Hope this makes sense!!
icon

Best answer by John B 5 February 2018, 12:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

No you aren't throwing out the tuning. The Trueplay instructions (somewhere) say that you can adjust for personal preferences in the EQ after tuning. You will see that the toggle for Trueplay remains in the Room Settings. Trueplay will still be adjusting for room characteristics.
Here you go

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3555/~/how-to-tune-your-speakers-using-trueplay
Badge
Thanks John B. Just read it in the link.
Glad you knew what I was talking about!! ?
Thanks John B. Just read it in the link.
Glad you knew what I was talking about!! ?
Your question was perfectly clear. Glad to have helped.
Trueplay delivers what Sonos believes to be the best sound in the room for the given speaker placement in it, but leaves you with all the further degrees of freedom that the EQ can provide to give you the option to further tweak the Sonos version to your tastes. There is no absolute right here, your subjective preferences as to what sounds good to you, rule. You even have a choice of toggling Trueplay off and using the EQ sliders - or not - if you don't like what Trueplay does to the sound.
I think it would be best if you guys had auto true Play vtuning like the HomePod does! Sometimes there’s just too much noise in the room that might interfere with the tuning . And one might not have a good microphone on their device to perform the True play tuning
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Unless you have damaged your mike it is god enough for trueplay tuning.
What is the reasoning to have A MIKE and just have the sound bounce off the walls etc. back to the speaker?