Answered

Transfer Sonos playlist

• 2 November 2018
  • 10 replies

Can anyone out there tell me how to transfer my Sonos playlist to my Napster playlist? I’m going crazy trying to do it but I am unsuccessful. Please help!!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 2 November 2018, 23:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

At this point, there's no way to "export" a Sonos playlist. Sorry.
Userlevel 1
Badge
There should be an option, I also want to export my playlist to spotify, also this option have been requested from a long time, but still, it's not there, Let's see when it will be released.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
I don’t see this happening any time soon since Sonos playlist can be multi source (e.g. Spotify, Apple Music, local music library), how would that work when you export such a playlist to Spotify?
Besides you can create a Spotify playlist in Sonos that will sync with your Spotify account and vice versa!
Userlevel 1
Badge

Besides you can create a Spotify playlist in Sonos that will sync with your Spotify account and vice versa!

Thanks for the idea, I will try it next time 🙂
soundiiz.com is an excellent site / tool for mapping songs/playlists from one music provider to another - so you can for example take Napster and Transfer to Spotify or numerous other providers, including importing playlists from iTunes and mapping, for example your own music into any other the mainstream music service provider. You can import text and csv too - so just a major shame that Sonos does not have an export favourites option - how hard could it be? Would be useful even if you want to just tidy up your Sonos playlists.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
soundiiz.com is an excellent site / tool for mapping songs/playlists from one music provider to another - so you can for example take Napster and Transfer to Spotify or numerous other providers, including importing playlists from iTunes and mapping, for example your own music into any other the mainstream music service provider. You can import text and csv too - so just a major shame that Sonos does not have an export favourites option - how hard could it be? Would be useful even if you want to just tidy up your Sonos playlists.

How hard? Pretty hard. Where would Sonos put exported playlists? Without cloud storage, or a method of writing local files to... somewhere, or even just a way to have your Sonos system email you a playlist, it would be a lot of work for them to provide anything more than what they already have. I guess they could slightly improve on the current screen-grab / hand-transcribe playlist export arrangements by popping up a copy-and-paste text list...

And even then, you still have all the complications of the Sonos multi-source playlists, which is really the main advantage of a Sonos playlist, because it's basically a "saved queue".
I’m describing a simple list export to a local device - that’s not hard. Nothing less than a basic backup of a playlist - nothing more fancy than that. Multi source is not an issue for the site I mentioned- they look up the song and match it from any source. (https://soundiiz.com).

I have now manually noted, song by song, the Sonos playlists I had and recreated in Napster manually, a task that took several hours, but with an export would have been a few clicks & done.

Napster & Soundiiz allow you to export & backup playlist as do iTunes. I share my Sonos with family and kids & someone managed to delete a playlist in error - no backup! Recreating in Napster manually was painful but they are now safe & I’ve now deleted Sonos based playlists and won’t use them again.

This is a Sonos deficiency.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I’m describing a simple list export to a local device - that’s not hard. ...

Actually that is the hard part and it introduces another area to be tested for security breaches. Sonos does not write to anything other than its own speakers so it would not be a small project.
You can use MusConv.
You can use MusConv.
How would you do that with a Sonos playlist?