Tracks skip forward to next before finishing

• 28 August 2018
  • 6 replies

My Sonos system (pair of Play:1s) works fine when streaming from Apple Music but when I play music direct from those stored on my device (iPhone 😎 it consistently skips forward to next when only halfway through a track! The next song plays immediately, for a while, until it too skips on to the next song. It used to work fine but this problem has been persistent for a while now. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi there, Parismatt. Thanks for posting. Dropouts and skips like this can usually be accredited to problems getting audio data along the network. Would you mind replicating the problem, submitting a diagnostic report and replying here with the confirmation number it gives at the end? Thanks in advance!
Thanks very much for your help Keith.
I can easily replicate the problem as it happens each time, but not sure how I then submit a diagnostic report? Is that easy to do? I don’t get error messages when it happens.
submit a system diagnostic
Thanks Bruce! No idea you could do that. ;-)
Cheers
You're most welcome.

I'll admit to being one of those people who spammed them when I first found that in the app....and didn't have an issue. "Oooh, wonder what this does?...." without realizing I was adding to the problem. It was later on when I started frequenting these boards that I began to understand why they usually didn't look at them until prompted by someone posting a number here along with an explanation as to the issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos system (pair of Play:1s) works fine when streaming from Apple Music but when I play music direct from those stored on my device (iPhone 😎 it consistently skips forward to next when only halfway through a track! The next song plays immediately, for a while, until it too skips on to the next song. It used to work fine but this problem has been persistent for a while now. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? Thanks

HI there,

We recently released an update which may help with this issue. Try updating your system then send along a diagnostic report if you continue to have any issues.