Thoughts on the many alternatives to Sonos app on Mac?

• 26 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I just migrated to a new MacBook and am downloading software. I went to download the Sonos app for Mac and saw that there are other (pay) apps available - Remote for Sonos, Switch for Sonos, Soro for Sonos, Audio Cast for Sonos. I have (unfortunately) two PlayBars and 5 Play:1 speakers.  I know there are a lot of posts about how rotten the Sonos for Mac app is and I agree.

Does anyone have experience with these apps (or others)? I wish I could “try before I buy” but it’s not an options. Reviews seem to be good? 

Thanks!

As a complete aside and simple rant, because Sonos’s screwed us with their policy on “older” speakers that are 2-4 years old, I’m planning to go 3rd party as I can afford it to replace the Play:1’s. I’ll keep the PlayBars - we don’t really use them for music. I have zero interest in smart speakers unless the listening ability can be turned off. Just had to say!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Why place the same comment twice?