Answered

The software on this device is outdated

• 15 October 2018
  • 6 replies

I have a Sonos Bridge and play 5 since 2014 and I'm no longer able to use them since on all my devices I get 'The software on this device is outdated.... ' I tried to update the controller via the PC and now the bridge and play 5 are at version 9.2 but still not able to connect with any of my android devices. How do I get it back working and use what I have paid for even if it means using the previous software as it was working just fine for me and I had no issue until this upgrade was forced.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 15 October 2018, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you update the Android controllers?
That is the issue, I can upadte the controller for the PC and it shows 9.2 as well as the bridge and play 5, but on the android device all I get is 'The software on this device is outdated...' If I try to update via google play the only option I get is to open if I open this is the error I get.
Userlevel 7
Hi abjr

Are you running the latest Android version as shown in the attachment?
No, and my device is not able too. Not sure why I'm being forced to update, everything was working fine and I had no issues or complaints. It all worked before and would like to go use what I paid for as I didn't want or need an update.
Userlevel 7
Hi abjr

This is a long shot and may not make any difference. You can try deleting the Sonos App on your PC. On Windows do a Restore Point prior to the 9.2 update. On a Mac restore to a previous date in Time Machine before the 9.2 update. If it works ...turn off automatic updates in the Sonos app on all your devices.Good Luck!
Thanks I'll give it a try but it was not working before the update (auto updates were off). I updated as the error stated the system needed to be updated if you wanted to continue to hear music but still no go...

Thanks for your help!