Question

The "Settings/Services/Music & Content/Add a Service" selection is greyed out, inactive.

• 21 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi Team,  I tried adding another music service and the option is greyed out, inactive on my android Sonos controller.  I them went to check for system updates and it says I need an update, currently have Version 10.5.1 - Build 53371041.  Clicked on update and it took me to Google play store, which then presented two options - uninstall or open. Selected open and it cycled me back to controller to update, this loop went on for several tries and now I need your help. 

Thanks,

Chris M.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Forgot to mention my device is running Android 6.0.1

Upon further investigation I have my answer - get a newer os as 6.0.1 has been deprecated .

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yup. Imagine if instead of just disabling those options, you could click on them and get a nice message saying “your OS is too old” with a link to a fuller explanation. That would have saved you time and pain, right? I don’t understand why they have done it the way they have, which guarantees work for their Support team.

Hi. Im having the same problem. How did you resolve this? 

I cant add a music service as the option is greyed out on all controllers. I am trying to add Apple Music (cause sonos and spotify are woeful since update) via add a service but the option is grayed out. All controllers (ios, android and Windows) are the same. Well windows works but I have add apple music using IOS device first to work on sonos.

And the option is greayed out on the IOS device as well. Im going in a  circle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Jwwwwww sounds like your iOS device is too old to run the latest controller app, but something (the PC app at a guess) updated all your Players so now you are in the Twilight Zone, requiring a trip to the Apple store.