Question

Terms and Conditions approval constantly requested

• 26 June 2017
  • 3 replies

For the past few months Sonos is requesting that I approve their Terms and Conditions nearly every week on my Mac. Sometimes more than once a week. If I have open applications open (which is usual) and the request becomes hidden behind other pages my Mac is frozen until I respond-which I can't as I can't get to the approval page. In these cases I must force quit Sonos and restart the app to free my machine. Why am I getting requests for approval this frequently and why is it freezing my entire machine until I respond? Is there is way to avoid this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

That's odd. I don't ever remember having to approve any Terms and Conditions on my Mac. Have you tried deleting the app, rebooting the Mac, and downloading a fresh version of the app?
Yes, I have done all of the above and it still is occurring. I had to shut down all of my applications again today for the same thing. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING.
Then I'd suggest two things.

1) submit a system diagnostic, and post the number here, for the folks at Sonos to look at. That might tell them something about what's going on.

2) Call them directly. There may be a need to remote into your Mac for them to assist, and there's something very comforting about a direct conversation occurring in real time, rather than the rather asynchronous help that we get here on the boards. You can find your local region's contact information including phone numbers, times of operation, and other methods of contact at www.sonos.com/contact