Answered

Temporatily removing speaker from a group for use elsewhere

• 9 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I have a typical 5.1 setup in the Living Room.  I want to temporarily move one of my Play:1s to the deck to play some music.

I assume I do this by ungrouping my living room and using it independently, then regrouping once I’m done, but wanted to check in here to see 1) If there is an “easier” process, and 2) If there are any potential problems or extra steps that I’ll be stuck with by doing so.

Ultimately I’ll probably buy another speaker to avoid this, but this is a more immediate need.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 October 2021, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

There isn’t any other process.

If the Play:1s are bonded to the Playbar as surrounds, you will have to remove (unbond) them as surrounds each time you want to move a Play:1 to the deck. You will also lose any Trueplay tuning you have with the 5.1 setup. When you move the Play:1 back, the pair will have to be set up again as surrounds and you will need to redo Trueplay.

Badge

There isn’t any other process.

If the Play:1s are bonded to the Playbar as surrounds, you will have to remove (unbond) them as surrounds each time you want to move a Play:1 to the deck. You will also lose any Trueplay tuning you have with the 5.1 setup. When you move the Play:1 back, the pair will have to be set up again as surrounds and you will need to redo Trueplay.

Always frustrating and drives me nuts!!!! Makes me wonder if this is a way for Sonos to push us to buy additional products (or a One per say)?  Seems like it would be an easy software upgrade????? 😔

Always frustrating and drives me nuts!!!! Makes me wonder if this is a way for Sonos to push us to buy additional products (or a One per say)?  Seems like it would be an easy software upgrade????? 😔

Agree. While searching the community for a more efficient way, I ran into a couple “feature request” threads that have addressed this, but looks like they are falling on deaf ears or deemed not important.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I bought a Move, excellent bit of kit!.

Ideal for working in the garden and the workshop at home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since I have power outlets anywhere I’d like to have music I just use a spare Play 1. 

Used older Sonos speakers are available as folks want to move to the newer versions. But a new One SL isn’t a bad option either, particularly if you have a discount available.