Answered

System Update Error 1101 on Laptop (but not iPhone)

• 28 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I only have 3 devices - my iphone, my laptop and a Play 1 speaker.  I usually only use my iphone to “instruct” my speaker and it works fine.  It is set to Automatic Updates and shows as Up to Date.

The problem is my laptop, which gives Error 1101 when I try to update, even after I’ve followed all the recommended solutions in Support.  The only thing worthy of note since I last used the Sonos app on the laptop is that I’ve upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10, which may be irrelevant for all I know!

I’ve seem some very technical discussions on here re update problems but I must confess to needing an Idiot’s Guide to solve this.  Hope someone can help please. 

icon

Best answer by Dandog 30 June 2020, 20:02

No reply from forum but I’ve since managed to get help via Chat with Customer Service last night and they fixed the problem.  Case closed.

View original

3 replies

Hi Krishma,

Thanks for following up.  All is good now so I can get back to trying to talk myself into splashing out on an Arc …!

Best Regards 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @Dandog, thanks for reaching out! I appreciate the effort and update about this. Just let us know if you need anything. 

No reply from forum but I’ve since managed to get help via Chat with Customer Service last night and they fixed the problem.  Case closed.