Answered

system password

• 15 December 2017
  • 8 replies

I have had Sonos for years and on the odd occasion I have had a problem with the system Sonos support has been superb. I have just tried to carry out a system update on a mac (rather then a windows based laptop which is the usual route) and the update gets so far and asks for a password ( not when I use the windows laptop) I get a box with a padlock pictured, it shows my user name and asks for a password. I don't remember setting up a password?? is there a standard password? I tried "admin" and it doesn't want to know. Has any body got any ideas please?
Kind regards
Greg
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 15 December 2017, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have a Mac and it ALWAYS asks for a password when I update. This is expected as the Mac is checking that you initiated the update. You need to enter the password for the account you logged into the Mac with. Obviously if that account doesn't have Admin rights the update will fail
Thanks so much for the reply. I haven't got a clue what the password is, do you know of a way to by pass it or reset the password?
thanks again for the reply
Greg
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
When you switch the Mac on you must enter a password surely?

If you've set it for no password just try pressing Enter
Hi Stu' I have just read back through the thread. I think there is some confusion. It is the password for the sonos I need not the Mac' I know the one for the Mac.
Ah!! hold tight, I just tried the one for the Mac and that works! Hoorah. Thanks again for trying to help and have a great Christmas.
Regards
Gre
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You plonker Rodney!
Badge
Sonos doesn't - it's the Mac asking for confirmation to go ahead with the update. As the OP has just found out!
Yep aint that the fact! However! it nopw says it is unable to update ERROR code 9 What the bloody hell is that???
Greg