Answered

Switching Playbar from playing music back to TV audio

• 5 October 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Upgraded to v8 on my iPhone and for the life of me cannot figure out how to switch the playbar back to the tv audio music source after playing music on the playbar? This was extremely easy on older version but not do not even see the option for TV audio? Suggestions? The TV music source is on the upgraded controller on the Mac but cannot locate on the phone app.
icon

Best answer by markdms 5 October 2017, 04:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

It's under Browse...I didn't see it at first either...
Userlevel 1
Thanks. This was not easy to find and the TV source gets filtered to the bottom of the list if you have several music services enabled. On another note, the My Sonos/Favorites was poorly done and would rather have the ability to custom group sonos favorites vs. the way it is in v8.
Userlevel 1
I just spent several frustrating minutes trying to figure this out.

Why in the hell does Sonos make it so hard to play TV audio on the Playbar, whose primary purpose is playing TV audio?

There is also no command for third party remote controls to play the TV source on a Playbar.
Badge
I just spent several frustrating minutes trying to figure this out.

Why in the hell does Sonos make it so hard to play TV audio on the Playbar, whose primary purpose is playing TV audio?

There is also no command for third party remote controls to play the TV source on a Playbar.

I feel your pain. I ended up unplugging the playbar and plugging back in and then found this thread.

There should be and option in the volume control for the playbar to switch back and forth from tv source or streaming source.

Frustrating to say the least.
I feel your pain 🆒
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
It's under Browse...I didn't see it at first either...

You saved my marriage
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Its actually always been in the same spot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With autoplay on - turning TV off and back on should also re-engage line in.