Answered

switching from 5.1 to 2.1 for music

• 14 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi! 
I have the Beam gen 2, sub gen 3 and two Ones as surrounds. I much prefer the way music sounds when played in a 2.1 setup (ones + sub) rather than the whole 5.1 system. 
Is there a simple way to switch from 5.1 to 2.1 in the app within the room? 
I’ve seen topics on this matter from several years ago where the sonos forum staff replied that it would be forwarded to developers. 
I can’t be the only one that wants this functionality?

icon

Best answer by John B 14 September 2022, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No, you’re not the only one wanting it. But, it’s a feature that’s still awaited. 

Given the reconfiguration required I suspect it might be made easier (i.e. fewer taps) but not quicker.  Trueplay is a further complication.

Developments have to be prioritised, and lots of things get passed to developers.  That doesn’t necessarily mean that they will all be implemented.

I doubt this feature will ever be done, because it’s only a partial solution to the actual problem...a lack of wireless separate speakers in the front of a home theatre room setup.  I tend to think Sonos will do something about that, as the market for it seems to be growing a bit, before a work around solution that isn’t really satisfying to many.  That said, I do find that atmos music via a soundbar might somewhat lower the need for separate front speakers.