Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Badge
This is not a full windows 8 platform but will work new surface tablet and Samsung and others plan to use this OS which is not fully windows 8 compatible. It would be very helpful if sonos would support this as the tablet looks promising.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Sonos,

We are still waiting for some kind of update.

Any news to share?
Me an my wife were talking about expanding our sonos system with 3 Play 1.

But my wife is using a windows phone so we decided to not bying them until Sonos releases an app for Windows Phone.

I cant believe that a company totally ignore its customers.

I see in this thread that a lot f people decided not to buy more Sonos product, god knows how many other user you lost due to this. How much money have you lost by not releasing an app?

How many units must you sell to "not loose money on development cost" for the app, not that many i think.
hey Sonos(-Support) any news about this topic?
Your last update was 4 months ago.....this is definitly too much for a support in your market position!

Sonos, please talk with us!!!
Hi Sonos,

Still waiting for a reply from you! 
Userlevel 2
In that nobody can be bothered to reply to us all, the least you could do is make the results of the SurveyMonkey public so we can all see what responses you got?

If you give us the results, we can at least all see whether or not there is any point continuing an interest in Sonos and go and buy something different.
In that nobody can be bothered to reply to us all, the least you could do is make the results of the SurveyMonkey public so we can all see what responses you got?

If you give us the results, we can at least all see whether or not there is any point continuing an interest in Sonos and go and buy something different.

Agreed.
Userlevel 2
If anyone is interested to know, I contacted Denon about their new HEOS system. I asked them about a Windows Phone app they currently are only advertising for iOS and Android.

They said that although there is clearly nothing available now, they are working on it and they expect there to be an app available next year.

So come on SONOS, if you want any of these people on this thread to start/keep buying your wares, perhaps you pull your fingers out and make a Windows Phone app because the competition are coming with one.

They've got a portable speaker in the works according to What Hi-Fi, something a lot of SONOS users have been asking for now for some time. Denon are also using Spotify Connect for managing the Spotify playback which is something people have been asking you for, for some time.
If anyone is interested to know, I contacted Denon about their new HEOS system. I asked them about a Windows Phone app they currently are only advertising for iOS and Android.

They said that although there is clearly nothing available now, they are working on it and they expect there to be an app available next year.

So come on SONOS, if you want any of these people on this thread to start/keep buying your wares, perhaps you pull your fingers out and make a Windows Phone app because the competition are coming with one.

They've got a portable speaker in the works according to What Hi-Fi, something a lot of SONOS users have been asking for now for some time. Denon are also using Spotify Connect for managing the Spotify playback which is something people have been asking you for, for some time.

Thanks a lot for sharing, thats great news! After 2 years of frustration, I cant wait to leave sonos behind
Userlevel 3
Badge

Agreed. Already sold my two Play 3's to a friend after version 5 failed to make an appearance on WP8. My two Play 5's will be going that way shortly. Denon looks like a good bet to replace them. Cannot wait to go with a company that actually responds to consumer demand. Sick of looking at this tread, been the most requested feature for two years. What the hell is their problem? Same thing happened with Nest, waiting for a WP8 app before I buy and then all of a sudden a cool French company called Netatmo launch a smart thermostat with a WP8 app and thats it, I am now a Netatmo customer.
It's called first-mover advantage Sonos, perhaps your corporate stratagy team should look it up...
I was using the Sonos app on a iPad and my iPhone. A week ago I bought a Windows Surface to replace my iPad. It would be great to have an app that works on my new tablet.
Does Sonos read this thread? Any planning for Sonos controller on Windows 8.x (pc, tablet, Phone).

However. Phonos is a reasonable product and acceptable alternative.
Hello Sonos Any update available?
Userlevel 1
Don't place your frustration on this site. Place it on the Sonos Facebook site. Then everybody can see that Sonos isn't interested in their customers!
Just having purchased a new Speaker Bar for my Livingroom TV. I must chime in and say bring on the Windows Phone 8 App. I have two phones and it would add so much to the SONOS experience for me to use the phones instead of my Laptop.
Hey Sonos, if this helps your decision, I would be willing to pay for an official Sonos app for Windows8/WP8.  I understand there is cost to develop and maintain an app, and with a smaller market there is less return. 
Was planning to by more Sonos units , but have decided to put in on hold. The entire familiy are using Windows Phones and Tablets. It have concequences for you, that you do not support the large Windows user base in a good way. I am tired of waiting! 
Was planning to by more Sonos units , but have decided to put in on hold. The entire familiy are using Windows Phones and Tablets. It have concequences for you, that you do not support the large Windows user base in a good way. I am tired of waiting! 
I have also decided to stop purchasing Sonos, because of the lack of WP support.
Badge
So Sonos,

Is there any news yet?

Having problems with Microsoft?

How are you going to handel windows 9?
With Windows Phone 8.1 developing a cross OS app (8.1, Win Phone, and RT) should be a breeze.  with just about every major app div company working with Windows Phone I'm kind of surprised  to not see an official app yet.  There was a survey request 5 months ago. At least a "we're working on it" would be nice.  I love the Sonos system, and I install them fairly often, but I'm stuck with Phonos for control! While working great, an official app would be amazing.
Please!!! Waiting for a Windows Phone App!!! Please!!!
I am (and have been) holding off buying more equipment for my sonos system. I really wish they would speak up if there is an issue why they haven't done this yet. I hope that it isn't ignoring their customers.
+1 - I have been holding off waiting for Windows Phone support. Unfortunately i am getting to the point where i will have to find a different solution as i can not wait much longer.
Userlevel 2
I'll buy more Sonos products if you support Windows Phone.
This is from your website, "The Sonos Controller App lets you browse and play your music from any device. Use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to stream...."
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I bought a playbar beginning of this year assuming that windows phone would be supported.

I had a look here when I found out it isn't the case. So following the announcements of John I thought there is an app on the way. So I decided to keep the playbar and to extend the system when a WP app is released. Because I won't buy any android or ios device just for this.

but now I'm really wondering if such an app will ever be released. It's been 6 mont ago since the last statement.

is there really no information to share with us? Or has it been decided to release no app for WP? If this is the case please tell us and we can look for different solutions as then your product won't fit with my configurations.

would be really a pitty as I like the sonos system and had planned to extend it by a sub, 3 play1 and a play 5. But only if there is a WP app!