Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Badge
This is not a full windows 8 platform but will work new surface tablet and Samsung and others plan to use this OS which is not fully windows 8 compatible. It would be very helpful if sonos would support this as the tablet looks promising.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

I've ditched my iPad in favour of a MS Surface, which I consider to be so much better. The only thing it's missing is a Sonos app 😞 Oh, and scummvm 🙂
I too vote for a Windows app. The Modern UI interface is absolutely wonderful when it comes to consuming media! Also, if all buisiness logic is placed within a Portable Class Library 95% of the code can be shared between a Windows app and a Windows Phone (both 7.5 and 😎 app. This means that you can make a Windows app and pretty much get a Windows Phone app for free. Been there and done that so I know by my own experience that it really does work!
I'm an avid iOS user. but recently purchased my windows surface with rt. I use sonos all the time and would be disappointed if you don't release one soon Adam
Userlevel 1
Please please please add... 1. Windows RT App 2. Windows 8 Phone App 3. Xbox Music / Zune Music Subscription service
Userlevel 1
Can't invest any more in a product (Sonos) that is so slow when it comes to supporting the "new" Windows platforms - it is a big worry. The second worry is the lack of communication with the users - It is very poor managed.
Please add a app for Win RT and Win8 phone. That's the one thing preventing me from recommending the awesome Sonos to my friends and relatives.
I just setup a 23" touch screen in between my living room and kitchen and would absolutely love a Windows 8 Sonos app. Windows Phone 8 as well. I just started purchasing Sonos components and the software availability and long term support were my primary reasons for choosing Sonos.
Badge
Suggestions from a happy Sonos (10 zone owner) who highly recommends Sonos all the time: - a Windows Phone-based controller app - a Windows RT Modern UI-based controller app - native Xbox Music service integration support including streaming - not just the ability to play downloaded DRM-free music - Pandora "genre search" and station creation (not just artist and track, but proper genre based search capability and station creation) Thanks, Steve
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also a happy Sonos owner with a zone in every area of the house. -Looking to update several rooms with new large screen (20"+) all-in-one PCs running Windows 8. Would LOVE a Metro based control interface for Sonos to run in each room. -Likewise same interface to be used on Surface/RT devices -XBOX would be nice to have with something relevant to what is playing (album art, etc) + kinnect Sonos controller capabilities -Same with Windows Phone for pocket controller we are attempting to rid ourselves of iOS equipment as it is dated and frankly provides us no value other than a Sonos controller. Are very interested to see how Sonos can embrace the new world of touch and large screen computing in every room of the house!
Please create a WinRT and a Windows Phone 8 App. It would make Sonos so much better!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also a happy Sonos owner with a zone in every area of the house. -Looking to update several rooms with new large screen (20"+) all-in-one PCs running Windows 8. Would LOVE a Metro based control interface for Sonos to run in each room. -Likewise same interface to be used on Surface/RT devices -XBOX would be nice to have with something relevant to what is playing (album art, etc) + kinnect Sonos controller capabilities -Same with Windows Phone for pocket controller we are attempting to rid ourselves of iOS equipment as it is dated and frankly provides us no value other than a Sonos controller. Are very interested to see how Sonos can embrace the new world of touch and large screen computing in every room of the house!
Windows phone 7: No Sonos app Windows Phone 8: No Sonos app Windows RT (Surface): No Sonos app Been waiting a long time now. I LOVE my Sonos, but I feel like I am being left behind when I have to take my phone AND my Sonos controller outside to enjoy some music with my friends (who can not only control their Sonos with their iphones, but can control mine as well). Is it time yet? Say yes. Thank you.
Desperately waiting for:.. 1. Windows RT App 2. Windows 8 Phone App 3. Xbox Music / Zune Music Subscription service
I'm also really hopeful that Sonos will make apps for Windows 8 and for Windows Phone 8. It was understandable that Sonos took a wait-and-see approach to Windows Phone 7, but Windows 8 should have a much more attractive market share. Fingers crossed! 🙂
Love my Sonos and Surface RT. I wish they would work together!
Add me to the list of wanting apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8 I sell Sonos quite frequently to clients. But when they have a Windows Phone, I either have to turn them away from the product or convince them to buy a different phone. Both are not ideal solutions. I'm also seeing more and more clients with new Windows 8 machines in their home which they would like to use as a controller. Again, it's not a fun conversation to tell them that their bright shinny new Surface can't function as a Sonos controller. And you can chalk me up as one of these clients. I own a Windows Phone and a Surface RT. The only reason I don't own a Sonos system myself yet is because I don't have a compatible device.
Add me to the list of wanting apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8 I sell Sonos quite frequently to clients. But when they have a Windows Phone, I either have to turn them away from the product or convince them to buy a different phone. Both are not ideal solutions. I'm also seeing more and more clients with new Windows 8 machines in their home which they would like to use as a controller. Again, it's not a fun conversation to tell them that their bright shinny new Surface can't function as a Sonos controller. And you can chalk me up as one of these clients. I own a Windows Phone and a Surface RT. The only reason I don't own a Sonos system myself yet is because I don't have a compatible device.
Would love to have an app that would let me control my Sonos systems from either my Windows 8 Phone and / or my Windows 8 RT surface.... I keep an old IPOD touch witn the SONOS software on it to control it....
I broke down and bought a kindle fire to be able to use my Sonos system without my laptop. Would love to be able to use my windows phone....and to justify buying a Surface sooner rather than later
Never begged before but I've got to say that Sonos is the best thing I've ever adopted, and please, please, please, consider adding a Windows RT interface..... And not to worry, I'll still be purchasing replacements for my older and newer style controllers, if they ever give up. Awesome products...
Come on Sonos, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Surface - why would not you not do that? Peter
+1 Come on Sonos, you make wonderful products, but I've been waiting 2.5 years for an app on Windows Phone and now I have a family of Surfaces and Win8 machines (not to mention an Xbox Music subscription) that are crying out for a bit of Sonos love.
+1 Come on now. You need to support this platform now and in the future.
Userlevel 2
My Surface RT arrives today...looking forward to the release of a compatible app. Thanks.....