Answered

'Sub with Playbar

• 30 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Have a Sonos Sub with Playbar.Using the sonos app on my iphone, when I open the Sub Audio and turn the Sub off, the base is much more pronounced than if the Sub is on. What am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 7 July 2020, 19:48

Hi @depavelka.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate feedback and as well as submitting diagnostics.

based on the submitted diagnostics, the main issue is that the Sonos Sub does not fully communicate directly to the Sonos playbar where it is bonded but it communicates directly to the router. I would like to recommend going through the following troubleshooting steps and see if it makes the difference.

• Reboot the Playbar. (unplug from power and plug it back after 10-15 seconds)
  • Reboot the Sub. (unplug from power and plug it back after 10-15 seconds)
  • Test and check if it did make a difference. (if not), Next is..
  • Remove Sonos sub from the Sonos app.
  • re-add sub from the Sonos app. 
  • Test and check if it did make a difference.( from this point might as well submit a diagnostic while testing just in case)

These guide should get it fixed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @depavelka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us about your concern.

I would like to share with you this guide on Subtle or Undesired Sound after Trueplay. This may help you on fine tuning your audio feedback on the Sonos Sub.

Please let me know how it goes. WE’re always ready to help.

Thanks,

Thanks for try to help with the information on Trueplay. Trueplay makes no difference in what I am experiencing. When the Sub is turned on there is little or no base. When the Sub is turned off it sounds like the playbar is producing more base. Again, what am I doing wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @depavelka.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would recommend try to replicate the issue by both playing music and watching TV. While music is being played, submit a diagnostic and while watching TV, submit a diagnostic. So we can better understand what is going on and we can we can do a little comparison based on each audio source.

Please let me know if you have any other issues or concerns. We are always ready to help.

Thanks,

Okay, I submitted  diagnostics as suggested above. I actually sent four- 

Music Sub Off #923541651

Music Sub On #1787176939

TV Sub Off  #2031547637

TV Sub On #1569544868

Let me know what’s up?

Dave

Hi Paul,

Just wondering if you’ve had a chance to review the diagnostics I submitted? Is there anything else I can do in the meantime?

Dave

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @depavelka.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate feedback and as well as submitting diagnostics.

based on the submitted diagnostics, the main issue is that the Sonos Sub does not fully communicate directly to the Sonos playbar where it is bonded but it communicates directly to the router. I would like to recommend going through the following troubleshooting steps and see if it makes the difference.

• Reboot the Playbar. (unplug from power and plug it back after 10-15 seconds)
  • Reboot the Sub. (unplug from power and plug it back after 10-15 seconds)
  • Test and check if it did make a difference. (if not), Next is..
  • Remove Sonos sub from the Sonos app.
  • re-add sub from the Sonos app. 
  • Test and check if it did make a difference.( from this point might as well submit a diagnostic while testing just in case)

These guide should get it fixed.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Paul,

Thank you. The reboots did not work but the remove and add back the sub did the trick. All is good now.

Thanks again.

Dave

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @depavelka,

Thanks for the feedback.

Wow that is great news, I’m glad everything works.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,