Stream directly from AppleMusic App --> Sonos

Userlevel 1
Firstly - Awesome products (hardware and software) world leading and world beating, there is no other option for ease of use, reliability, flexibility and sound quality in my opinion.

Main point - I'm sure the development team are in deep at the moment with Apple and I'm aware that an integrated solution will be available in Q4-2015.

My idea or question is can it be integrated directly to AppleMusic App (Music on iPhone, iPad) so you don't need to launch the Sonos App.

Why do I ask? Well I fear that the personalisation and sheer richness of the AppleMusic service will be lost if it is integrated in a similar way to spotify on the Sonos App (menu driven etc.)

Also if I'm moving between car or walk into house the ability to seamlessly stream music to sonos to continue my listening experience would be, well 'magic'.

So if anyone has any influence over the development cycle and roadmap and this could be flagged as a potential it would be much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What thy are working on would be Apple music integrated in Sonos app as you mention. Airplay setup on your Sonos would be best way to do as you describe.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I just bought an Airport Express to use Airplay and I am afraid all it offers is a shabby workaround that makes Sonos and Apple look like greedy corporates who don't give a stuff about their customers. Which is a shame as generally both companies are customer centric.
well i must say that however i agree that it would be great to acces sonos directly from the apple music app, i'm experiencing no problem at all accessing my sonos system via the airport express solution. just make sure the airport express is connected via cable to the nework, not wifi. i haven't needed to open up the sonos app for 3 days, exept for grouping purposes.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I expect to control my music from any of our five apple products but now I can only control it from the one broadcasting!  Then to switch to something else e.g. the Radio, I have to switch off the apple app and open the songs app.

Hopeless.

It just works.  Not!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Oh and I can't stream different music to different rooms because the lousy Airplay software will only take input from one apple product at a time.
Good Day,

Has there been any progress to integrate sonos directly to AppleMusic App (Music on iPhone, iPad) so you don't need to launch the Sonos App.
The ability to use this would add huge value to the customer experience level for many reasons such as; curated Music, Siri integration etc.

I understand it is it currently able to be done with Spotify so I am hoping in the near future it can. One of the great features of Apple Music is the ability to ask Siri to play a specific song without having to lift a finger. Sonos are amazing products and hardware and Apple Music service with its feature are equally impressive. However without having the option to control sonos from within the Apple Music App restricts the level of experience awesomeness
Badge
Right now I don't even appear to be able to use Apple Music at all ! The option to add a service has been removed from the app on my phone and I no longer have access to Apple Music and I cannot add from the mac either !!! Any ideas what's happened ? Perhaps the latest sonos update has a problem ?
Shaz,

You are in beta mode which has removed the option to add music services.

Go to a browser And go to the sonos.com website.

Login in and go to "My Account".

There will be an option in the menu called Sonos beta.

You have to turn that option off. Than close the app on your device (Maybe even delete than reinstall app).

Once you open back up the app, the add music service option will be there.
Badge
Many thanks ! Done all that but now just have error 9 message and still no way to call support
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Many thanks ! Done all that but now just have error 9 message and still no way to call support

Hi Shaz,

There's currently an issue with leaving the beta program. You'll need to work with our phone team to get your system downgraded to the standard app. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161122-000981. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I had some bet issues over weekend. Only way I found to downgrade was one unit hooked to router. Let it downgrade. Then add in others wirelessly (still with single unit hooked to router so sonosnet- which of course I use) and as add each one it would prompt me to software update.
Badge
Many thanks to Jeff s of sonos support fo sorting out the issues ! Cheers
I totally agree. While the Sonos app actually helped me learn how to use Apple Music when it was first released about one year ago, Apple Music has since added some very good functionality that is not available in the Sonos app. An update to allow a solution like Spotify for Apple Music would be greatly appreciated. Too reasons why to list. (I.e. Add music to library, love / dislike music, favorite and new music playlists, etc).

Rob

Good Day,

Has there been any progress to integrate sonos directly to AppleMusic App (Music on iPhone, iPad) so you don't need to launch the Sonos App.
The ability to use this would add huge value to the customer experience level for many reasons such as; curated Music, Siri integration etc.

I understand it is it currently able to be done with Spotify so I am hoping in the near future it can. One of the great features of Apple Music is the ability to ask Siri to play a specific song without having to lift a finger. Sonos are amazing products and hardware and Apple Music service with its feature are equally impressive. However without having the option to control sonos from within the Apple Music App restricts the level of experience awesomeness
[quote=TechnoTys]Good Day,
That is up to Apple. Sonos now has the capability, time for Apple to get on board and work with Sonos.