Answered

still spotify issues?

• 28 November 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This is still a ongoing issue for me no matter how many times I reboot, reinstall, etc

it now plays silence for the first 10 seconds of songs sometimes along with the usual faults - 

song not encoded correctly 

skipping past added next song.

I used to love my Sonos set up but over the last 6 months it’s been absolute rubbish. 
Im still not sure if it’s a Sonos, spotify or router fault. 
will this ever be solved? 
I was at one point thinking of buying a roam but with how this lot performs I don’t think I’ll bother. 

so frustrating 🤦🏼

icon

Best answer by Wrightytyke 29 November 2021, 14:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

22 replies

Do these problems occur when using the Sonos app and with Spotify connect?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Do these problems occur when using the Sonos app and with Spotify connect?

I generally just use the Sonos app but I think I’ve previously had the fault also on Spotify connect but I will monitor it. 
I’ll try anything to sort it. Thanks 

It may just tell us something.  Does your system have a wired Sonos device or are you fully WiFi?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It may just tell us something.  Does your system have a wired Sonos device or are you fully WiFi?

My connect is hard wired to router, that’s the only one I’m able to wire but I do also have my bedroom play1 wired to a WiFi disc. 

So you have a mesh system? Which one?  Please give more details. Do you have an ISP router or does the mesh system act as router?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

So you have a mesh system? Which one?  Please give more details. Do you have an ISP router or does the mesh system act as router?

Now you’re asking John? 😂

Sorry but you may need simplify, id say isp router but I’m not totally sure, it may be my set that’s wrong? 

OK. What sort of router do you have and who provided it? What is the "disk" to which you refer? Are there any other devices in your network?

How long have you had this setup?

Do your problems occur on all Sonos devices? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

OK. What sort of router do you have and who provided it? What is the "disk" to which you refer? Are there any other devices in your network?

How long have you had this setup?

Do your problems occur on all Sonos devices? 

Cheers John,

BT smart hub 2 which has two separate discs to improve WiFi around the house apparently. 
I’ve two discs upstairs with one in our bedroom which is wired to my play1 in the bedroom. 
I do believe all my issues started not long after I ‘upgraded’ to this BT hub.

The issues do happen on all Sonos products. 
We do have loads of other stuff on WiFi in the house but thought that would be fine. 

Please check in the app, under About My System, whether all your  speakers have WM=0 or if any have WM=1.

Make sure you have the latest firmware installed on your BT router etc. There have been problems with BT in the recent past.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Please check in the app, under About My System, whether all your  speakers have WM=0 or if any have WM=1.

All WM:0 

OK. Please ensure that the SonosNet wireless channel is well separated from what the router is using. (You can change the SonosNet channel in Settings, System, Network.)

Make sure that your wired Connect is at least 2-3 feet from the router it is wired to. The same applies to the distance between the bedroom Play:1and the BT disk. See if that makes a difference (or is it already like that?)

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

OK. Please ensure that the SonosNet wireless channel is well separated from what the router is using. (You can change the SonosNet channel in Settings, System, Network.)

Make sure that your wired Connect is at least 2-3 feet from the router it is wired to. The same applies to the distance between the bedroom Play:1and the BT disk. See if that makes a difference (or is it already like that?)

I’ve tried all 3 channel options with no difference, and they are more than 3 feet away from router/disc. 

You mention problems with Spotify.  Is that because the problems don’t occur with other audio sources, or because you only use Spotify?  What happens with internet radio?  Do you have any local music you could play, such as music stored on an Android device?  What happens with these sources?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

You mention problems with Spotify.  Is that because the problems don’t occur with other audio sources, or because you only use Spotify?  What happens with internet radio?  Do you have any local music you could play, such as music stored on an Android device?  What happens with these sources?

I generally only use Spotify, I do listen radio, Mixcloud but only noticed the problem while using Spotify. 

when I use the other stuff I never use the ‘add next track’ feature and I’ve not heard things start 10 seconds in and never seen ‘song not encoded correctly’ 

OK my final idea. I suggest temporarily strip it back to basics. Unplug the two disks from power. Disable 5GHz WiFi.  Power off router and all Sonos. Power router back on fully, then the wired Connect then other Sonos. Check all still WM=0. Pray. See if it is stable. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

OK my final idea. I suggest temporarily strip it back to basics. Unplug the two disks from power. Disable 5GHz WiFi.  Power off router and all Sonos. Power router back on fully, then the wired Connect then other Sonos. Check all still WM=0. Pray. See if it is stable. 

Thanks for all the reply’s John 👍🏻, I’ll definitely give it a go and report back. Much appreciated mate. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks for all the reply’s John 👍🏻, I’ll definitely give it a go and report back. Much appreciated mate. 

I have noticed something but not sure if it’s relevant? 
In the system info underneath the WM:0 all the speakers except the bedroom speaker say OTP: at the bottom.  Might be because it’s plugged into the WiFi disc although the connect is plugged into router but still says OTP:

No I am afraid that's normal and of no significance. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

No I am afraid that's normal and of no significance. 

Thought so after disconnecting speaker to find fault still happening 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I could finally be getting somewhere, I’ve got back into BT and they’ve been telling me to try things, etc. 

The last thing they did was a factory reset and forced download to my router. 
since then it hasn’t failed once, I knew it was some sort of router issue with this been a known fault. 

They said they’d send me a new router if this didn’t work but up to now it’s been faultless. 

🤞 

Userlevel 7

I had issues with Spotify last Saturday. Was getting the same ‘song not encoded correctly” errors.

I removed Spotify as a Music Service and readded within the Sonos app. This solved it for myself, so worth bearing in mind for the future as a possible fix. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I had issues with Spotify last Saturday. Was getting the same ‘song not encoded correctly” errors.

I removed Spotify as a Music Service and readded within the Sonos app. This solved it for myself, so worth bearing in mind for the future as a possible fix. 

Cheers, I did remove it several times with no improvement. 
it’s literally faulted for the last 6 months or more every time I used it, but without tempting fate it’s not faulted once since BT rebooted/updated the ‘so-called’ smart hub. 🙏🏼