Spotify Update within Sonos App

• 17 November 2019
  • 14 replies

Did they update the Spotify interface within the Sonos app? Seems like when you click on Spotify it has a new look. Am not able to search “Genres and Moods” anymore either? Anyone else experiencing or notice this issue? I liked the old interface much better!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There are many threads on this already. Yes, Spotify changed their service to remove Genres from search and make changes. Sonos changed nothing.

There are many threads on this already. Yes, Spotify changed their service to remove Genres from search and make changes. Sonos changed nothing.

Thanks for the info. I tried searching but couldn’t find anything. Have people been complaining to Spotify? I sure hope they change it back. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I actually don’t see many threads on this.  Some from a year ago or longer, but not relevant to the recent change.  Can you share?

I noticed the UI change earlier this week trying to find one of my playlists.  I gave up after a minute or so and went to the Spotify app.  Going back I eventually found the Spotify playlists in Sonos all the way to the bottom.  The Spotify app allows me to search music much easier and I can still send it to my Sonos speakers, but if I want to regroup the speakers I get redirected to the Sonos app.  

I use Spotify a lot.  I’m also invested in Sonos for the ease of managing how I listen.  This change has me reconsidering.

I actually don’t see many threads on this.  Some from a year ago or longer, but not relevant to the recent change.  Can you share?

I noticed the UI change earlier this week trying to find one of my playlists.  I gave up after a minute or so and went to the Spotify app.  Going back I eventually found the Spotify playlists in Sonos all the way to the bottom.  The Spotify app allows me to search music much easier and I can still send it to my Sonos speakers, but if I want to regroup the speakers I get redirected to the Sonos app.  

I use Spotify a lot.  I’m also invested in Sonos for the ease of managing how I listen.  This change has me reconsidering.

Reconsidering Sonos?  I’m afraid you are missing the point.  Sonos merely supplies an API for Spotify use to implement their UI, it is Spotify who are doing the changes.  Sonos couldn’t change it back if they wanted to.  So while complaining to Sonos may be helpful via proxy, it would be far more effective to complain directly to Spotify support. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I respectfully disagree.  I was dissatisfied using their app and shared my experience.  They need to manage their brand, including how others use their API.  

I respectfully disagree.  I was dissatisfied using their app and shared my experience.  They need to manage their brand, including how others use their API.  

Disagree all you want. Your assessment of what constitutes Sonos’ brand and what constitutes Spotify’s doesn’t change the fact Spotify is responsible for this change, and there’s not much Sonos can do about it.  In addition, sticking with that assessment does nothing to rectify your situation, whereas taking the time you use to argue here and using it instead to lobby Spotify just might.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I should have known this would be a useless interaction when you led with “you are missing the point”.

I should have known this would be a useless interaction when you led with “you are missing the point”.

It’s only useless if you ignore the facts and refuse to complain over at Spotify instead of here.  Your choice.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Dude.  Stop.  Yeah, Spotify will benefit from the feedback.  But Sonos PMs need to do their job.  It is their brand.

Dude.  Stop.  Yeah, Spotify will benefit from the feedback.  But Sonos PMs need to do their job.  It is their brand.

How do you know they haven’t?  You have no idea of the interactions between Sonos and Spotify on this issue.  Spotify could have very well told Sonos to pound sand. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Haha.  You have no idea how this community board works do you?  Of course I don’t know what the Sonos PMs are doing.  I hope they are reading trending threads (maybe even this convo) as a way of getting user feedback. 

Haha.  You have no idea how this community board works do you?  Of course I don’t know what the Sonos PMs are doing.  I hope they are reading trending threads (maybe even this convo) as a way of getting user feedback. 

Strange, it certainly seems like you think you know what they are not doing.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

One more reply.  Please.  You are soooo close to 20,000!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you still want the “old” Spotify features in Sonos, use one of my Windows apps. For reasons I have yet to debug, my app still gets the old format.