Spotify sort albums by Recently Added

• 29 June 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 15 replies
Thank you for making Spotify more enjoyable with the Sonos app by offering more than the annoying Add to Queue of the Spotify app. Play Next and Add to End of Queue are so helpful.

However, please make it possible to sort albums by Recently Added, as you did for Apple Music. It is the way many of us select music. It's there for songs, but then you can end up queueing your whole library if you don't want to add an album's worth of songs one by one.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi cjaxx, thanks for your feedback. I'll pass it along to our team. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Badge +1
So what about implementing this feature? It is indeed more natural to show first the last albums added to the library. And it makes listening to the Spotify library more enjoyable through Sonos.
Yes, please add this feature. Alphabetical order isn't enough.
Please add this feature, this makes the app incredibly clunky for me as I only really use Spotify for streaming music. Thanks!
I am also waiting for an update to sort Spotify playlists by recently added through Sonos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You need to ask Spotify to add this, it is the job of the music service to order the items. The Sonos UI never sorts items from music services, because it simply has no idea when it is appropriate or how to sort them.
You need to ask Spotify to add this, it is the job of the music service to order the items. The Sonos UI never sorts items from music services, because it simply has no idea when it is appropriate or how to sort them.

While the problem originates with limitation in the Spotify web player, this is one of two main reasons that I cannot recommend the Sonons system to others. Many other audio devices are able to function using the Spotify app. Sonos, however, forces you to use their own app. I think that this is fine, so that TruePlay and whatever will work correctly. On the other hand, I firmly believe that if you are forcing your costumers to use one particular UI (the Sonos app), it really should provide you with the same functionalities as you would otherwise have. The vast period in which this functionality has been lacking from the Sonos app gives the impression that Sonos are dismissing the issue as not being their responsibility to fix... Though the problem originates with Spotify, I think that it is up to Sonos to fix it if they want their costumers to recommend them and if they want to maintain their ease-of-use branding.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sonos, however, forces you to use their own app

No they don't, not for Spotify anyway. You can use the Spotify app to play to your Sonos speakers.
Sonos, however, forces you to use their own app

No they don't, not for Spotify anyway. You can use the Spotify app to play to your Sonos speakers.

In my experience, playing directly from the Spotify app does not work well when using the multi-room feature since this will frequently result in severe delay in the audio between the rooms, which is intolerable to listen to. So, yes, in a sense, you are forced to use the Sonos app.