Question

Spotify doesnt auto find my SONOS speakers on same home VLAN

• 11 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Team,
I am thinking that your developers do not go through any validation process with different testing of their phases. I have Spotify installed and switching from SONOS App (playing Spotify) to my GUI of Spotify on a Windows 10 machine that there is no auto seek for new devices so they're not really much use. Please can you intergrate some kind of feature that allows users to switch from Sonos App and Spotify GUI to actually see devices. Now I know you will push back saying its all to do with Spotify and not SONOS but you guys work closer to them than we do so work together and pull this out the bag where we have a search for added devices in Spoitfy or if not possible then at least make sure SONOS app releases the hold it has on the speakers and make them beacon out when available.
Eventually you'll get there and after nearly 4 years Im starting to like your product

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Team,
I am thinking that your developers do not go through any validation process with different testing of their phases. .

What do you think a beta release is for?

Eventually you'll get there and after nearly 4 years Im starting to like your product
Good of you to stick with it for so long.
Thank you for your intelligent feedback I'm presuming your also a windows user? The whole point of BETA testing is to let the developers know however ive been BETA testing for years and still yet to see any improvement in terms of picking up via spotify/app.
Thank you for your intelligent feedback I'm presuming your also a windows user? The whole point of BETA testing is to let the developers know however ive been BETA testing for years and still yet to see any improvement in terms of picking up via spotify/app.

Since you are such an expert on beta testing, you should already know the proper place for beta feedback is the dedicated beta feedback page:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/beta

This will ensure that the developers will see your issues and they will be logged properly. This feedback mechanism is explained in detail in all beta correspondence.
Odd, it finds all my Sonos devices as soon as I turn on WiFi. I'm guessing you have some sort of networking issue.