Answered

Split a Stereo Pair

• 22 October 2018
  • 3 replies

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong here (probably :D), but am struggling splitting a stereo pair. I have a Sonos Play 3, and 3 x Sonos Play 1. A few years ago I set up a stereo pair in the Lounge with 2 x Play 1's, however, having just moved house, the Room Settings in the Windows App and Android App do not seem to allow me to play with this configuration anymore. Would rather have speakers in different rooms rather than a stereo pair now.
Any help greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Chris 22 October 2018, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Thanks for the replies. All sorted now. You're both correct, nothing available in the Windows App anymore. The thing that threw me was the Android App needed me to log in to get to room settings, and I could only do that by (seemingly) logging on to this site to create an account. Anyway, registered sorted and split the pair. Thanks for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Windows app no longer has settings screens.

Android app as long as your running most recent release you should have settting...room settings... split there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Clarifying Chris' last statement a bit... as long as your speakers AND your Android device are running the same version of Sonos software, the setting should be available. If your Android app was updated through Google Play automatically, you may need to first update the firmware of your Sonos speakers before you'll be able to access the setting to split the pair.

The setting should be under More > Settings > Room Settings > [select the room].