Speaker dropping out or showing but not controllable

• 15 October 2017
  • 14 replies

Badge +1
Since updating Sonos apps and iPhones and iPad and the speaker has become erratic and constantly dropping out or showing device list but unable to control it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, mlogic. Are you still experiencing this issue? Since posting this, we have released a few updates that should improve performance. If you are still having this problem, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end.
Badge +1
So far, it has been stable for last few days. It seemed to have done another update just now. My diagnostic number 8057121.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Good to hear. Things are looking good so far. Feel free to reach out should you run into any problems.
Badge +1
Dig report : 8067996
speakers has all disappeared from all controllers - iPhone, pc, Mac and iPad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks for the update and diagnostic report, mlogic. For troubleshooting purposes, if you were to plug in one of the PLAY:3's into the router via Ethernet cable, do the issues persist? This will help us to determine the cause of the dropouts. Additionally, what is the model number of your TP-Link router?
Badge +1
At this moment I do not have cable in the house to connect my Sonos. I am working on cabling all rooms with cat 6. Router in question is TP-Link Archer C9 AC1900 v1 with the latest Firmware.
Badge +1
Another dropout last night loss all speakers
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello again, mlogic. Thanks for the update. At this point, I feel it would be best for you to give our support technicians a call if possible. We've been working together on this for almost a month with spotty results. I want to respect your time and efforts so far by making sure we get you to a solid solution. That way you can enjoy the music and not spend your time here 😛

I've taken the liberty of creating a support ticket that encapsulates our correspondence here so far. Your reference number for this ticket is 171130-002719 and our contact information can be found here.

I sincerely appreciate your efforts so far, and hope to get you reliably enjoying Sonos as soon as possible.
Badge +1
Another dropout with all devices ... report info in screenshot
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, mlogic. This has been added to your ticket. Please give us a call when you are available to do so.
Badge +1
Still causing problem. Now I get sound disappearing from speakers and sometimes couple of speakers just went silent and sound coming back on suddenly and going silent again. I have 2 x Sonos 3 and 2 x Sonos 1 (paired) and sound bar and base unit. Network is now Meraki mr32 with mx64. Seemed to happen more often in after 7 pm
Badge +1
Still causing problem. Now I get sound disappearing from speakers and sometimes couple of speakers just went silent and sound coming back on suddenly and going silent again. I have 2 x Sonos 3 and 2 x Sonos 1 (paired) and sound bar and base unit. Network is now Meraki mr32 with mx64. Seemed to happen more often after 7 pm
Badge +1
See diag id
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
See diag id

Hi there,

There are 3 other networks in close range to your main network, which are running on the same wireless channel. This is causing interference, making it hard for your Sonos speakers to maintain a connection. I'd recommend switching your main wireless network over to channel 1. This should make it easier for your speakers to stay connected. Send along another diagnostic report if you continue to have issues on channel 1.