SoundCloud Stream "Unable to browse music"

Badge
I am unable to browse my stream in SoundCloud. When I choose the "Stream" option, I get the error message "Unable to browse music"

All other SoundCloud options appear to be working fine: "Likes", "Following", etc.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the service several times, and it makes no difference.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

42 replies

Same here, nothing works
same hear, stream doesn't work. If I go to followers I can see the artists and tracks. Very Annoyinh
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello, 

there had been a short outage of the service, which has been fully restored in the meantime. 
Badge
Hello, 

there had been a short outage of the service, which has been fully restored in the meantime. 

Sorry, that didn't fix it. This is not solved. The problem is persistent. I removed and re-added the service once again: everything seems to work as expected except for Stream.

Can you please remove the "Solved" status?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello, 

Hi Paul, 

what exactly is not working as expected when using "Stream"? 
Badge
Hello, 

Hi Daniel,

when I choose "Stream", I see the circular 'busy' symbol for a second or so, and then receive the message "Unable to browse music".

All other personalized options in SoundCloud appear to be working fine: Likes, Playlists, Following, Followers. It's just Stream that exhibits this problem.

I've tried this in several different controllers (PC, Mac, iPad, Android, CR100, CR200) with the same result.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hello, 

Hi Paul, 

I need to apologize, should have read the topics subject. 

Would you be able to try with another Soundcloud account? E.g. create a free one? 

Alternatively, if you contact our Technical Support Team, my colleagues could try with a test account. 
Badge
Hello, 

Hi Daniel,

I added another family member's SoundCloud account, and their Stream is working! However when I switch back to my account, I still get "Unable to browse music"...

Perhaps there is something in the content of my Stream that is causing the error?
I recently rebooted my whole system and when everything was back up and connected Soundcloud Stream was unable to browse music. Have removed and re-added but still no Stream 😞
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Paul and Leon, 
Could you please submit a system diagnostics, right after seeing the "unable to browse" message, and reply with the confirmation numbers? 

How to submit a system diagnostics
Badge
OK, it just worked...!?! I guess that's good... but weird all the same. I tried Stream in order to submit the system diagnostics... and it worked fine! Wouldn't you know it.

So... I guess my incident is resolved for now. Thanks for your patience Daniel.
Can I do this? I saw the reply above and was hopeful it'd work but I still get the same error when trying to browse my SoundCloud stream.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Can I do this? I saw the reply above and was hopeful it'd work but I still get the same error when trying to browse my SoundCloud stream.
Yes, please do and reply with the confirmation number so we can have a closer look.
Thanks for the quick reply. I've done that now. Confirmation number is 4448389.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Thanks again, how many EDX playlists are displayed in total? 
Hi. Just the one. It's not a playlist, just a track.
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Please try restarting the PLAY:1 but removing the powercord for 20 seconds and plugging it back. Once done, try browsing again. 
A factory reset?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
No, really just a restart (reboot) of the PLAY:1. 
Done that, still the same. Am going out now so won't be able to check for replies. Thanks for your help so far.
Badge
Hi Paul and Leon, 
Could you please submit a system diagnostics, right after seeing the "unable to browse" message, and reply with the confirmation numbers? 

How to submit a system diagnostics

OK it broke again. Diagnostics confirmation number is 4454950
Any further developments on the resolution of the stream issue? I have exactly the same problem. Sonos have told me to wait to hear what Soundcloud have to say.
Wondering if any update? I'm having same issue. I've attempted restarting the Sonos players, removing the soundcloud service from sonos app and reinstalling. Experiencing this on Android, ios and on the windows Sonos controller. Thanks
Yeah, it just fixed itself one day. I didnt do anything other than guve up
I am literally speaking to both Sonos and Soundcloud as I type this. I believe this is a bug that neither firm has a solution for at this time. Mine fixed itself for a couple of days last week and then dropped again. Everything else still working ok only stream is unavailable which naturally is the function that I use the most.