Sound modes

• 11 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I wanted to ask if in the near future there will be additional sound modes that can be selected such as: sports, music, etc., since for example in sports broadcasts I would like to hear the audience more than the commentator. 

If not, can I play with the settings to get a sound profile similar to what I listed above about sports mode? I currently have a Beam gen 2 and plan to buy two One SL. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

SONOS does not usually announce future plans. I doubt that this will become a future feature.

I see, and besides that, is there maybe a way to weaken the commentator’s voice and increase the crowd, kind of a “reversed” speech enhancement?

Userlevel 7

Once you have added the One SLs as surrounds, you will be able to increase the surrounds “TV Level”. This increases the crowd noise during sport broadcasts. The commentator’s voice is not impacted by this setting however and remains as is.

In a surround room you can adjust the rear speaker level somewhat.

Night Mode” might help and while it’s sort of the reverse of your request, “Speech Enhancement” makes the vocals more prominent. You’d want to make sure that this is disabled.

Thanks, I will add the surrounds and try these tips.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would think for many people a sports mode would mean the commentator's voice would be louder, not weaker though…..

I would think for many people a sports mode would mean the commentator's voice would be louder, not weaker though…..

I'm not sure about this because there are different manufacturers in which there is a sports mode and then there is indeed more emphasis on the noise of the crowd than on the voice of the commentator.