Sound cuts in and out when playing line in

• 7 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Sound cuts in and out when playing turntable through Sonos. Have tried changing wireless channel which seems to help temporarily but the problem starts again. Submitted diagnostic. Number 745554617.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi nccbarber

How is the turntable connected? Is it through an AV system with a Connect or direct via line-in to a Play 5?
It is wired into a Connect which (in theory) is communicating with my Sonos speaker, which is in the next room, over WiFi
Userlevel 7
It is wired into a Connect which (in theory) is communicating with my Sonos speaker, which is in the next room, over WiFi

Try wiring your Connect to your router. Also set the Sonos speaker as Auto Play in the Sonos App. Here's a link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080#autoplay

Post back with results. Cheers!
I'd also set the line-in to "Compressed".
Userlevel 7
I'd also set the line-in to "Compressed".
Agreed.
Badge +1
Hi nccbarber.
I´m was (still are..:?)experiencing the exact same problem. When i switched from using SonosNet to my WIFI the issue with dropouts were fixed!
Try go to Properties-> advanced settings -> wireless from you sonos app.
And "see" if you get the same result, without dropouts..