SonoSaver - a backup tool for your precious Sonos playlists.

• 25 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi there

I was looking for a tool to backup my Sonos playlists (just in case, it would drive me mad if I lost them), but couldn't find any. Therefore I decided to write one myself ;-)

The result is called SonoSaver and can be found here in case you're interested: https://sonosaver.mrupp.ch/

Now, I'm interested in adding some more features to it. What do you think? Would it be a nice feature to have the possibility to export the playlists to text files, like CSV, M3U, etc.?

Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Michael

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Michael-R.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for sharing your efforts here in the community as it may help other members of the community to back up and save their Sonos Playlist. 

Please do not hesitate to share more ideas and you may do so, by creating a new topic for other members of the community to view and learn.

Thanks for sharing,

Using it!  It works great and very simple to use.  +1 for SonoSaver

Userlevel 2

Version 2.0 of SonoSaver is out now, featuring the possibility to export playlists to the following file formats: CSV, M3U, M3U extended, PLS and WPL.

This comes with lots of export options, like replacing the location of local files to a valid UNC path or adjusting links to Spotify to an URL like open.spotify.com.

Hope you like it and I’m still open for new ideas to enhance the app some more.

Cheers,
Michael