Answered

Sonos won't stop playing

• 30 December 2016
  • 63 replies

I set an alarm up for my sonos play 3 in my room. Which has worked fine a couple of times letting me pause it but today every time i hit pause it just restarts the playlist I chose as the alarm music.

Now I cant use that speaker amd have just turned the volume right down.

Help
icon

Best answer by Pierre C 30 December 2016, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

63 replies

OMG - Thank G o d for this community post. Sonos woke us up and would not shut off. Tried everything except the Alarm. Mine is not scheduled to turn on, on Thursday-Friday and here we are. Removed Saturday and saved and then I was able shut it off. Did a test, Tried putting Saturday back on schedule and turned back on automatically and couldn't shut it off again. I hope SONOS gets this fixed fast. So weird this is a system wide issue! :?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello everyone,

We are aware of the issue and actively looking into it. At this time, we'd like to ask you to remove your Sonos alarms. This will stop the alarms turning on over and over again.

We've created a new thread for this issue here: Sonos alarms not stopping. We'll update everyone on that thread once resolved.
It is most likely you guys are experiencing network issues - certainly the sympton of being unable to switch off a speaker is highly suggestive of connection issues.

You should all try a system reboot as below:-

Switch off your Wi-Fi Router
Switch off ALL your Sonos kit
Switch off ALL devices connected to your Network
- Computers, Laptops, Tablets
- Smartphones, thick phones
- NAS

Switch on Router. Wait until it has re-connecte to the internet
Switch on Sonos Bridge and/or Boost, Connect - Wait a minute or two for them to connect
Switch on your Sonos Plays and Playbar
Switch on all your other network devices

If this is not successful then you should explore interference on your system.

Whilst it is somehow comforting to point the finger at updates as the reason for issues it has to be said that it is unlikely this is really the cause and that a bug has been introduced. See how the above goes.
Great - looking forward to trying this. I have been loving the Sonos line since I started with it. This is the first time I have had an issue. I have worked in many support arenas and this solution is only going to force me to unplug the Play 1 (that has this problem) until I can shut down my home! Unfortunately I am far too connected. While I am waiting for an opportunity to "reboot" my home, I am looking at other alternatives to WiFi speakers or non-impacting solutions.
Great - looking forward to trying this. I have been loving the Sonos line since I started with it. This is the first time I have had an issue. I have worked in many support arenas and this solution is only going to force me to unplug the Play 1 (that has this problem) until I can shut down my home! Unfortunately I am far too connected. While I am waiting for an opportunity to "reboot" my home, I am looking at other alternatives to WiFi speakers or non-impacting solutions.Just change the Sonos system date to 23 December. Settings, Date and Time Settings. Or delete alarms. Until a software fix is released
Here is a shortterm fix without having to reset all your alarms:
Change the date to 4 weeks ago today, leave the time the same, that way, the daily alarms will work fine.
I must say after having a Sonos System for over 10 years this is the first major issue. Not bad guys. I still love my Sonos. However it would be nice to get a quick fix. 😉
Great - looking forward to trying this. I have been loving the Sonos line since I started with it. This is the first time I have had an issue. I have worked in many support arenas and this solution is only going to force me to unplug the Play 1 (that has this problem) until I can shut down my home! Unfortunately I am far too connected. While I am waiting for an opportunity to "reboot" my home, I am looking at other alternatives to WiFi speakers or non-impacting solutions.Just change the Sonos system date to 23 December. Settings, Date and Time Settings. Or delete alarms. Until a software fix is released
same here... turned alarm off and music stoped playing... turned alarm back on and music was unable to be stoped...
I have the same problem. Going to try to delete the alarm.
Just deleted my alarms and the Sonos has finally stopped
Badge
I have the exact same problem. I had two Play 1's as a group with an alarm to wake me in the morning. After that happened I cannot get the speakers to turn off. I turned off the alarm and it seems to have stopped. Sonos has a bad bug here. I hope they get this fixed soon.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Alarm off...sent us all crazy at start but seems to work now.:$:$