Sonos was unable to add the music folder. Reason: Unable to add the shared folder "\\COMPUTER\Music" to your music library (1002).

• 3 January 2014
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I have installed the Sonos Controller app on my Windows 7 computer, but when I attempt to add my Music folder I get the following error: Sonos was unable to add the music folder Reason: Unable to add the shared folder "\\Computer\Music" to your music library (1002). I have tried connecting to other shares without success.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

https://www.sonos.com/contact has links for their 24/7 twitter.
Is there a Support "chat" line somewhere for Sonos?
Probably because Windows have turned off SMBv1 support due to vulnerabilities, worth a look..

Was there an answer to this problem? I'm experiencing the same issues and have no idea how to fix it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Probably because Windows have turned off SMBv1 support due to vulnerabilities, worth a look..
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
dbradley494: In most cases where there are troubles with Music Libraries not being able to be added, I recommend that you give our technicians a call if possible. It is significantly easier to walk through your computer over the phone during a remote screen share session. Our contact information can be found here.
Userlevel 1
My was fine up until 2 days ago and i now get the same error( Unable to add the shared folder "\\Computer\Music" to your music library (1002). followed most of the advise on here and nothing.