Question

Sonos unable to connect to music library

• 30 January 2017
  • 5 replies

I have a new Dell inspiron 5000 series and I have been unable to add the music library to my Sonos app. The music is held in Itunes under the Music folder. I have disabled the Norton firewall and changed other firewall options as per your support document, still to no avail. I have checked the security on the share and it allows Sonos read/write access...Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Check the network setting in Windows are not set as public.
Thanks...but the network is set to private
I'm having the same problem and have tried everything. It's frustrating that there aren't more answers to this topic.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm having the same problem and have tried everything. It's frustrating that there aren't more answers to this topic.

That's because when you consider the number of different combinations of router/wired or wireless/Computer/NAS/Controllers/Operating Systems/Firewalls etc the variations are beyond counting.

Start your own thread in which you describe your set-up AND the problems you are having with the text of any error messages.

"I'm having the same problem" means the community and Sonos have no information to go on to help you.
Ok, makes sense when you put it like that. I will start my own thread. Thanks.