Question

Sonos Unable to add Music Folder

Sonos was unable to add the music folder The computer Shirleyanders1 cannot be found

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

just sell it and buy something that works reliably, I have the same issues

Way to go! Admitting you have issues is the first step towards solving the problem.
Sonos was unable to add the music folder The computer Shirleyanders1 cannot be found

Thanks for the necropost. He/she actually fixed it.
That has sorted it, thanks very much
But that's okay. We've seen such posts before. Many times. 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Great news!
That has sorted it, thanks very much
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
then these instructions after sharing confirmed

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2414/~/manually-sharing-music-on-os-x
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you gone through all of these steps

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2413/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NTM0MTg4L3NpZC81...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So no luck?
Yes, that was the way I installed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Did you install the Mac Sonos app on the computer and try adding via the Sonos app on the MacBook (made lot easier for me last time I had issue).
I have already changed the computer name in the system preferences. No firewall running
This is a Macbook Pro running 10.6.8
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Computers and their firewalls can be a little picky sometimes.

The first thing I always try is installing the Sonos app on the computer that has the folder you want to share.  Then using the app on that computer to add the folder.  A lot of times that makes it much simpler and works.

If you are already trying to add from that computer or another device, post what kind of computer it is.