Question

Sonos switching on by itself

• 4 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Two afternoons running my Sonos Beam has starting playing the last listened to radio station by itself.

Diagnostics confirmation number: 692823578

Please advise.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @juanny.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

How many controllers do you have?

Base on the diagnostic everything is working properly, its very odd if its playing on its own.

You can probably power cycle the Sonos Beam for the meantime and observe this again for couple of days

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @juanny.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

How many controllers do you have?

Base on the diagnostic everything is working properly, its very odd if its playing on its own.

You can probably power cycle the Sonos Beam for the meantime and observe this again for couple of days

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I currently use my iPhone as a controller as well as my MacBook; my OnePlus X is no longer supported by the Sonos app and my partner has not yet upgraded the app and so does not it, so the answer to your question is two controllers (Sonos app) plus my iPad 2 uses SonoPad since again Sonos does not support that device.

It’s interesting you say ‘everything is working properly’ so I wondered if you would tell me what initiated the Sonos system to play the radio based on the diagnostics confirmation number I supplied above.

The same thing has happened a couple of times since with the most recent just a few minutes ago so here is the Diagnostics confirmation number for that: 22821916.

Again could you please let me know what initiated the Sonos system to play the radio based on today’s diagnostics confirmation number.

Thanks.