Answered

sonos stops playing

• 18 August 2018
  • 3 replies

sonos stops playing songs about half way through. the songs are located on my iphone 8. i never used to have this problem. started about 3 weeks ago. soo frustrating. wondering why i paid so much for this thing. when im forced to use the speakers in the iphone or ipad.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 August 2018, 06:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos has said, in the many other threads about this issue, that they’re tracking a bug that occurs when an iOS device like your iPhone goes to the lock screen. The current suggestion is to turn off the lock screen. My suggestion is to move your content somewhere else, like a hard drive or NAS.
Not interested in fixes or workarounds for a product that I have invested thousands in - I dont want to move my music anywhere else and this does render Sonos essentially useless. SONOS please have ALL of your developers devote ALL of your time to fixing this. Although SONOS support via twitter were nice people, they didnt resolve this so I am done trying that. Please fix this now or we willl be talking about the great sonos buyback.
I had this problem, but I changed the channel away from the default and it hasn't skipped ever since. Go to Settings on the App, then Advanced Settings, and change SonosNet Channel to a different one (either 1, 6 or 11 I think).