SONOS SOFTWARE

Garbage
Garbage
Garbage

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there. Welcome to the community. I assume that you are having an issue you would like some assistance with. Can you detail it for us? Thanks in advance.
APP Interface is clunky and hard to navigate. Can't show lyrics like you can with every other streaming app. With your recent IPO, can't you use some of those billions of dollars raised to upgrade the software? It's shamefully poor. Love your hardware, but I'll do just about anything to avoid using your awful software interface.
APP Interface is clunky and hard to navigate. Can't show lyrics like you can with every other streaming app. With your recent IPO, can't you use some of those billions of dollars raised to upgrade the software? It's shamefully poor. Love your hardware, but I'll do just about anything to avoid using your awful software interface.

Hard to navigate? You should acquaint yourself with the navigation bar and its sections.

Very frustrated.  Please tell your friends on Facebook about Sonos problems.  I just want to watch TV.

Very frustrated.  Please tell your friends on Facebook about Sonos problems.  I just want to watch TV.

Watching TV via the Playbar, Playbase, Beam or Amp doesn’t even require the app.

But it requires a TV, which I’m sure he’s not happy with either.

I would like to hear it and not mess with my Sonos for 30 mins cause my speakers stopped working .

I would like to hear it and not F$&@ with my Sonos for 30 mins cause my speakers stopped working .

Perhaps if you gave some more details, someone here could offer some advice.  Have you talked with support at all?

@j_zasuly, I agree with @melvimbe. Right now, your really just throwing daggers at the product without detailing your issue. I have had Sonos since 2006. I can’t say I’ve loved everything that the company has done, (I want to talk to the guy who decided not only was it a good idea to stop making the hardware hand controller (SC 100 & 200), but to brick it also) and the price point isn’t for everyone, but I can say very readily I’m very happy with the product and overall, it’s functionality and ease of use is pretty exceptional. You can also see from the responses that its community is very active and willing to assist. 

@vinnp other not having the lyrics, what other issues are you having with the software? You mentioned other streaming apps, to my knowledge (I have a few, btw and tested out tons more), there aren’t too many on the market that provides all the capabilities that Sonos provides and controls its own speakers. About the closest off the top of my head is Bose. However, even Bose doesn’t have the extensive feature set that Sonos has (Yeap, got a Bose system, too). Which is WAY more expensive than Sonos. Therefore, I wonder what upsets you about the app and to what platforms are you comparing it. Maybe, if you have some great suggestions or know of some features that are in other apps, we can suggest them to Sonos.

Thoughts?

I have 5 Sonos Amps and 1 Connect. Every time I get on the app it can’t find my system… I spend more time messing with the app and unplugging my modem to try and get it to connect than listening to music. It does show up in my Spotify (Sometimes). I have tested the network and WiFi, all is good there so assuming it is an app issue! I also just got a new amp, it will not connect at all to setup. I always just get the solid orange/red. I have rebooted it several times, and tried both wired/WiFi. Is anyone else dealing with these issues?

So for my experience of Sonos over the last few months was very negative. At this point I would throw them in the garage if I had not spent so much on it.

What are some other solutions for home audio that are better than Sonos?

What I suspect you’re experiencing is some sort of wifi interference. Sonos is only as good as the backbone it connects to.

If none of the solutions in that FAQ work, try a simple refresh of your network, by unplugging all of your Sonos devices, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. 

And, if that fails, you may want to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing a dropout, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

The Sonos app and system is pretty good. Millions of households seem to be using it without the issues you’re experiencing, otherwise these forum would be completely flooded with posts. 
I suspect with a little care and attention to your home network, you might have a very different opinion of the a Sonos system. 

Bruce is right on with his network diagnosis. I had a Windows server in here for over a decade and had all the MAC addresses of my Sonos gear coded into it. Once I removed the server my system acted exactly as you are stating yours did. I did the refresh and it sprang to life… for a little while. I ultimately put the MAC addresses of each component in my router and set their IPs that way and let everything else connect above .100 and it’s been solid since. 

Oddly I have a dead spot in my sun room (about five square feet) where Sonos can’t find the system on my iPad or iPhone. As soon as I move out of that area it comes right up. The Connect out there doesn’t ever seem to be affected.

All i did was change broadband supplier

My App doesn't even have proper menu

Wont let me past the connect to sonos network

Press this button

Sorry you dont have a sonos speaker

Absolutely garbage

I just want to pick up new signal

Enter wifi  password 

And play music

Been at it for  hours

Garbage product 

Going to put it in back garden and set fire to it soon

Hopefully post a video to youtube

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Easiest way might be to rename the new network with that of the old, and set the same password as before. Then all your devices - not just Sonos - should be fine. And make sure it’s running on 2.4ghz, as that’s the only Wi-fi frequency for Sonos. 

All i did was change broadband supplier

My App doesn't even have proper menu

Wont let me past the connect to sonos network

Press this button

Sorry you dont have a sonos speaker

Absolutely garbage

I just want to pick up new signal

Enter wifi  password 

And play music

Been at it for  hours

Garbage product 

Going to put it in back garden and set fire to it soon

Hopefully post a video to youtube

Adding on to what nik wrote chances are your new broadband router changed the IP scheme of your network. Did you reboot all Sonos devices once the new broadband connectivity was enabled? Is your phone connecting to the new supplier? All needs to be on the same network.

Ive only got one speaker and everthing else in the house is on the new signal now.

Its generally frowned upon, but have you tried a factory reset of the speaker? If it were me I’d go right for the throat of the beast.

My android app for sonos only gives me 3 options and no drop down menu

New system

Old system

Learn more

It wont pick up speaker whatever i do.

Hours spent on it

App trash

Just give me a wifi option and ill do it

Whats the problem

Honestly 

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Thanks ill try this later 

I don’t recommend a factory reset at this time. Factory reset rarely cures fundamental issues and some diagnostic data is destroyed that might have pointed to the fundamental issue.

Reboot, temporarily, wire the unit to the network, then change the WiFi credentials. Make sure that the new router is set to a fixed 20MHz wide channel, not “Auto”. Use channel 1,6, or 11.

Gotta agree.  Shouldn’t take a degree in wifi to make this system work.  Worked well in its infancy.  Now it’s not worth the trouble.