Question

Sonos seeking permission to access itunes library on iphone

• 15 November 2017
  • 3 replies

My sonos app wont play music from my iPhone as it says that I need to grant permission. I haven't had to do this before and the settings when I go into them show that permission is granted. I have recently synced my library on my phone but this has never caused a problem before. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Having the exact same issue. Have updated Sonos Controller, restarted iPhone, deleted App, reinstalled, toggled the option in iPhone Settings, checked the Privacy Settings in Media & Podcasts.... can't get it to work i.e. Browse/Play my iphone music (stored on iphone) with the Sonos App.

Hello Sonos, can you offer a fix please? may I suggest that if you reinstall the Sonos App, you are always asked for permission to iPhone/iTunes music library and the setting is configured there and then. Fails if it cannot write the flag to iOS etc.

Thanks
No feedback? This is incredible frustrating
Sorry, what feedback are you asking for? I see a suggestion to Sonos to fix a perceived issuer for a user. I'm assuming the OP actually called Sonos and resolved the issue.

If you're needing feedback, can you be more descriptive of your particular issue? Perhaps even submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.