Question

Sonos search issue - iOS 14

• 19 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Since upgrading to iOS14, the Sonos app search functionality doesn’t work with Spotify on either my iPhone or ipad. Anyone else having issues?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @EJE-4669, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.  Sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the search functionality on Spotify. Regarding this issue, I’ll be asking a few questions to check on this concern.

• The search feature disappeared after upgrading to IOS 14 Did it work on the previous IOS version?
  • Does it show on the native Spotify App for the search feature?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Spotify music service on the Sonos App and check if that will work?
  • Can you try it on another controller device, from an Android device if possible, to check the search feature will show up? ( To see if this is because of the IOS 14 software update )

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Bizarrely it reappeared this morning. Not sure what happened there

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @EJE-4669, thanks for the update. I’m glad it showed and it worked already. But if the issue reoccured Please let us know so we can assist you further.

If you have other questions with your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

This has to be one of the most disappointing piece of electronic I have ever purchased. My Sonos S1 will not connect to iphone 11 after ios 14.1 update. I have tried all recommendations but nothing seems to work.

What did the Sonos folks say when you called them?