Sonos S2 Widget for iOS14.

• 17 September 2020
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Are there plans to get a widget for controlling the most used speakers in your home? I would love to be able to turn up and down the volume on my playbar from the home screen.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

50 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Wil_1, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your concern on having a widget for the Sonos App, that is a great suggestion and feedback for a Sonos widget to be available so that you can control your Sonos products without going to the Sonos App. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering and App development team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with the Sonos App and our Sonos products.

If there is anything else you need, please, let me know.

The Sonos community is always open to suggestions and feedback.

Userlevel 3

+500 on this. You should really listen to your consumers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes pls, I second that. Painful having to unlock phone, locate the Sonos App, select the correct room and change volume. Having a iOS widget with volume up and down for the active room would be fantastic. This would make up for the slow and clunkyness of the S2 app. 

Userlevel 2

+another 500

small, medium and large Sonos widgets would be a game changer

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @PjSting and @bkharman, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for the suggestion and recommendations. This feature request is fully noted. and will be forwarded to our App development team for them to check on it. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, please.

Userlevel 1
Badge

One more +500 here!

Userlevel 1

Add another +500. Let’s make it happen team Sonos!! Need a Sonos Widget option on iOS 14+

Userlevel 1

Yes, another +500 here! 

Really hard to believe it's still not there, after all these years 😔

Userlevel 1

+1000 to this. I love my Sonos but I really wonder sometimes why the app (which should be a top priority) often lacks key features. Prioritize making the best iOS experience as humanly possible. 

Userlevel 1

What’s the update on the widget for Sonos? Spotify has one and surely this is pretty straight forward and is a top priority for Sonos given the level of integration with the Apple eco system. 

We’re all anxiously awaiting this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Come here to give my vote for this feature. The app should be smooth as silk and the UI should have every accessibility feature possible.

As much as I love my Sonos system, actually controlling it is certainly its weakest point. The app is a disappointment for such a high dollar system. 

Userlevel 1

An iOS 14 widget would be highly appreciated! And while they’re at it, maybe they can also combine this with Apple Watch integration. Enabling to control the Sonos speakers using your Apple Watch, like the Spotify app does.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It would be great if it also allowed for adding/removing speakers (check and uncheck) from currently playing audio.

Userlevel 1

This would indeed be a game changer! This should have been ready for iOS 14 in September. Does Sonos not pay attention to WWDC??

Userlevel 1

Yes please… this is rapidly becoming a standard, and Sonos is going to get left behind… 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yeah I get that, but still find the updates slow coming. S2 was too similar to S1 no real major upgrades to it. When you pay a big price for these systems I expect constant new features added and things added promptly… But hey that’s just me.

I have to agree. Being that Sonos is an entirely app-controlled ecosystem, you’d think that the company would put the user experience at the top of the list. I love all of my Sonos products, but the app is definitely the weak link. 

I am disappointed that after many months no Widget is available. Sonos marches to the beat of their own drum but the drummer is lost in the woods on this one

Exactly what I was searching on this forum!

Upvote for this idea !

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Yeah I get that, but still find the updates slow coming. S2 was too similar to S1 no real major upgrades to it. When you pay a big price for these systems I expect constant new features added and things added promptly… But hey that’s just me.

A Sonos widget would be an incredibly useful feature; would generate a ton of value for Sonos customers! Go dev team!

+1

Please give the people a widget!!!! I would love to control the tv volume on my beam on the Lock Screen:-)

Userlevel 1

Are there plans to get a widget for controlling the most used speakers in your home? I would love to be able to turn up and down the volume on my playbar from the home screen.

I fixed this. Not a widget, but a lock screen - and Control Center - fix.

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/ios-14-2-notification-s2-controller-gone-after-s2-12-2-1-update-6850743?postid=16489553#post16489553

no thanks to Sonos support, who was useless (spewing inaccurate boilerplate). Even the forum “link to URL” is broken. Geez.

Just throwing my vote on the pile. Brand new Sonos user and navigating to the app is a little clunky. Would love to have the ability to access from my Home Screen via a widget!!

+1