Question

Sonos S2 App Troubleshooting

• 4 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I upgraded to the new Sonos S2 App about 2 months ago, assuming it would make my life easier, have better connectivity and generally be an upgrade. 

So far I’ve found it riddled with errors, it quite often doesn’t show my system and has delays (if it responds at all) to all my actions whether it’s volume control or changing songs. 

I’m using iOS on my iPhone 10 and my MacBook Pro (as well as my girlfriend using her iPhone)  and across the board it doesn’t work. 

My question is what’s causing all these errors, will they be fixed soon, or is there something I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

... it quite often doesn’t show my system and has delays (if it responds at all) to all my actions whether it’s volume control or changing songs....

These are indications of network issues, unfortunately, and not issues with the S2 software.

I would start with a simple network refresh. Unplug all your Sonos devices from power. While they are powered down, reboot your router. Only once the router comes back up should you plug the Sonos devices back in to power. 

However, this probably will only fix 97% of cases like yours. If you continue to have issues,  I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the number here.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.