Question

Sonos S2

• 1 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I tried to use my Sonos and the app plugged this “upgrade” to v2 HARD. every time I used the app I had to toggle through to say no so I decided to upgrade since that was what Sonos was bullying me into doing. 

Well, it turns out the Sonos equipment I have in 2 of 5 rooms is no longer supported. THE UPGRADE RENDERED SOME SPEAKERS INOPERABLE. I have tried to revert the speakers that were “upgraded” to v2 back to v1 but I can’t. It says there is an error and I’ve already tried rebooting. 

basically I’m stuck with 2 systems. I have some Sonos equipment on Sonos 1 and some equipment on Sonos 2. I can’t play music globally throughout my house anymore. 

I HAD NO PROBLEM UNTIL THE “UPGRADE”

I spent money installing this Sonos equipment that has been rendered worthless. Sonos, please refund me the cost of your equipment and the money I spent installing your crappy equipment. 

note to other potential customers, DO NOT BUY SONOS and DO NOT UPGRADE TO V2

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @ajhendel, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.Thanks for bringing this up and we totally understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about reverting back to the Sonos S1 App I would suggest that you can call our phone support team for further assistance regarding your issue. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number: 1-800-680-2345.