Answered

Sonos S1 not listing all my devices correctly on Mac.

• 9 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

Just updated the Sonos App on my Mac and because I have a number of Sonos Connects (legacy) the controller is now running Sonos S1.

On starting the app, only three of my devices are listed under rooms.  Master Bedroom 1, Master Bedroom 2, Office.

I them go into group and I get these plus Dining Room.

I’m still missing Kitchen and lounge.

All of my devices do show correctly on my iPhone but not on my Mac book.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

icon

Best answer by sybaseian 17 June 2020, 01:16

Hi David

after I had posted the original issue with the app on my MacBook I upgraded my Mac mini but didn’t have the same issue and could see all of my Sonos devices correctly. 

I deleted the app on my MacBook and it reinstalled it which resolved the issue. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hello @sybaseian and welcome to the Sonos Community.

Sorry for the late response. I would like to ask for you to send us a diagnostic and reply back with the confirmation number.

Userlevel 2

Hi David

after I had posted the original issue with the app on my MacBook I upgraded my Mac mini but didn’t have the same issue and could see all of my Sonos devices correctly. 

I deleted the app on my MacBook and it reinstalled it which resolved the issue. 

Same issue, posted details in another similar thread, but while my devices came back after deleting and reinstalling...they disappeared about 30 minutes later when I next opened the app (right as I was clicking on a Move under System->Products)…

I can play stuff on the missing devices using Alexa from an Echo device (alexa, play blah on Kitchen).

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @User651498, thanks for reaching out. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding this issue. If you’ve done all the troubleshooting steps above and it’s still the same issue, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.