Sonos S1 iOS app - search radio station

• 21 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello.

Using Sonos S1 due hardware. I would like to change a recurrent alarm to a radio station. I go to …

Settings > System > Alarms > (select alarm) > Music > myTuner Radio > ?!?!

Form now on, I don’t find any possibility to search for a specific radio station. The huge lists are not even sorted alphabetically. This is very poorly designed. How can I find my station without wasting time scrolling through the endless list of stations?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

What radio station are you looking for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

With TuneIn stations you can just add a station to the “my stations” list then easily pick that in the Alarm ux. No idea about MyTuner.

If you have a direct url for the station you can use that as well.

Badge +1

That’s not the point.
It’s any station.

Badge +1

With TuneIn stations you can just add a station to the “my stations” list then easily pick that in the Alarm ux. No idea about MyTuner.

If you have a direct url for the station you can use that as well.

Yes, you are right. TuneIn offers a “My Radio Station” page, which you can use as you describe. However myTuner Radio doesn’t provide this page.

However neither TuneIn, nor myTuner Radio, allow a search through the tons of stations. Sonos doesn’t even sport a vertical scroll bar. This is poor.

Off-topic : I used TuneIn before, but many stations did only work temporarily.

Userlevel 7

That’s not the point.
It’s any station.

So I assume you found the station you were looking for?

The best way to search for a station on myTuner would be By Location. I found a radio station in my area pretty easily searching by location.

Badge +1

That’s not the point.
It’s any station.

So I assume you found the station you were looking for?

The best way to search for a station on myTuner would be By Location. I found a radio station in my area pretty easily searching by location.

I found it indeed using Location ... after +10 minutes. Nevertheless, the fact that Sonos iOS app doesn’t implement a simple basic search textbox, or sports a scrollbar, or only sorts the stations alphabetically … is programmatically speaking a shear disaster, especially considering the price of Sonos products.

Are there any apps out there which provide the same functionalities, but offer a decent user interface?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There are other apps, yes, but as the  underlying Search api has no way to filter by "alarmable" none offer the feature you require to my knowledge. Also, I recall no requests for this before.

Badge +1

There are other apps, yes, but as the  underlying Search api has no way to filter by "alarmable" none offer the feature you require to my knowledge. Also, I recall no requests for this before.

That was what I was afraid of to hear.

Thanks for explain!

hey everyone, think i’ve found a workaround for this.

if you use If This Then That (IFTTT) you can link up with your sonos account and trigger a Sonos Favourite (no need to scroll through massive lists to find your station).

i’ve then used my google home setup to create a scheduled routine where it activates my IFTTT “applet” that plays my Sonos Favourite and sets the volume to my desired level.

bit of a pita and doesn’t use sonos alarms but achieves the same thing; hope it’s of use to you!