Question

Sonos S1 App keeps closing

• 18 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a Motorola Z3 Play mobile that has just had a new motherboard fitted as part of a repair. Since then the Sonos S1 App works for a few hours but then keeps closing. I have to uninstall and reinstall daily.

Other apps working fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @kenjo.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I just want to Isolate the issue if this might be related to a phone issue or app issue.

Was there any other phone you can try to download the S1 to connect to your Sonos products?

A diagnostic report can also be helpful for us to see what's going on.

Make sure the operating system and the Sonos app itself is up to date.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 1

Hi - thanks for the reply - the App works fine on my wife's phone and my Samsung tablet. Shall attempt to send a diagnostic report.

I'm having the same problem. The app will automatically close as soon as I do a search. It works fine when choosing audio from my favorites. Its doing this on all of my controllers. We are using 2 LGv40 slims along with a Samsung tablet. The results are the same with all devices. I'm running 2 play 5s, 1 play 3, and 1 play 1. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no change. This is extremely disappointing considering the investment I have made. Btw these are not new models and when trying to use the S2 app it says my system is not compatible. Would upgrading my controller solve this problem? Please advise.

Userlevel 1

I have no explanation but mine spontaneously started working. I must have reloaded the app 20 times without success.

I just stopped using my phone and used my tablet to control Sonos. Tried again after a week or so.....and it worked.

Hope you get yours sorted out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There is a well documented bug in the Android controller that crashes when you Search for certain items. Many existing threads on this. Why Sonos Support don’t seem to know about it remains a mystery.