Sonos Play 5 gen 2 not visible in airplay

• 12 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I can see my Sonos play 1 in the airplay device list on my iPhone. However Play 5 gen 2 is not visible in the device list. The Airplay 5 is installed wireless, just as the Play 1, and working. All speakers have the version 9 firmware.

Play 1 is also visible in home app, play 5 is not.

Does anyone else has this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the same issue. I have 2 Gen 2 Sonos 5 and after all software was updated they do not show as an option in Airplay.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Same here Sonos 5 gen 2 not showing up
Has anyone figured out what’s going on with this? I’ve just validated (again) that I have Gen 2 Play 5 speakers (two of them) that are both running version 9.1 firmware. Based on everything I can find so far, this SHOULD work, but when I check on Airplay under Sonos, it says I have no supported speakers and they are not listed in Apply Airplay.
Never mind - it sounds like my problem is this... - https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/airplay-2-won-t-work-on-play5-gen2-6809472