Question

Sonos Play 1 speaker disappeared (using S1 software).

• 20 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi all. Since the automatic S1 software upgrade, 6 out of my 7 Sonos speakers have worked fine, however a Play 1 speaker has disappeared from my list. Normally I would simply do find product to add it back to my list, but when doing that Sonos states it needs to do a software update first. My Sonos version on my PC is 11.1 and I want to remain on S1 software. I’m worried if I select update software it will update to S2. Any ideas please on how I can simply add my missing Play 1 speaker without screwing everything up? Sonos used to be so easy to use, but since they introduced S2 its now difficult :-(

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wassers11, thanks for the update. Regarding your concern about the missing play 1, If it shows on the phone controller app and not on the PC controller then it may not be up to date for the PC controller. Kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance regarding the issue to sync both controllers. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number: 1-800-680-2345. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above, 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I can see the missing speaker (named Portable) on my Sonos S1 app on my android device, but its not shown on my PC desktop version.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wassers11,  thanks for the update. We were able to check the diagnostic report that you’ve sent, and we verified that you’re on the S1 App. On the missing play 1, we can see 6 speakers. If you can try to check it on another controller to find a missing product to check if the missing play 1 will show up.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above, 

Hi Simon. Thanks for offering to help, I have submitted a diagnostic report as requested. Ref 1144605161

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @wassers11. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. I totally understand where you're coming from and thank you for your feedback.

Regarding your concern about your Sonos Play 1 missing on the Sonos app, kindly submit a diagnostic report to check in our end for further assistance if the Sonos speakers that you have are all S2 compatible before you do the update.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.