Answered

Sonos Play 1 and Sonos One grouped together to support AirPlay 2 ?

• 27 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Can I group one unit Sonos Play 1 with one unit Sonos One together in a bedroom and play ANY sound from the IPad and IPhone ? Example, watch any nonYoutube and non Netflix video ?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 August 2018, 18:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes, a PLAY:1 can be grouped with a Sonos One, and both would play anything that the iPad or iPhone sends across AirPlay 2. In fact, I frequently do this with TuneIn Premium, in order to listen to baseball games.
Thank you for your input. “Anything that iPad or iPhone sends across Airplay2” - this means any AUDIO I can listen to my standalone iPad now will be sent via “Airplay2”, correct ? When I group the Play1 and Sonos One within a room, it should sound like Stereo, right ?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
1.yes
2. not quite stereo but close. the sonos one will sound a lot better than the play:1
If I recall, there are some apps that don't send across AirPlay 2. Having said that, I've not run in to any, so that may be a misconception on my part. I'll admit to not having tested a bunch around that, though...TuneIn was what I wanted to play, and it works. Others have suggested that YouTube works, although I'd be concerned about the potential processing delay on that. TuneIn has no video, so there's nothing to worry about for me.
Having just checked on the Apple website, there's nothing there about some apps not being able to do so, I must have been wrong.
Thank you all for info. I will check out Sonos 1 at the shops.