Answered

Sonos One Gen 1 and AirPlay 2

• 11 February 2021
  • 8 replies

I just can’t find the answer to this anywhere: Does the Sonos One (Gen 1) support Airplay 2?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 February 2021, 18:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

The following Sonos products are compatible with Airplay:

• Amp
  • Arc
  • Beam
  • Five
  • Move
  • One
  • One SL
  • Play:5 (Gen 2)
  • Playbase
  • Port
  • SYMFONISK

The Play:1 is not compatible.

Thanks GuitarSuperstar. So even the Generation 1 of the Sonos One is compatible? Because for some reason it’s not showing up with a circle in my iOS.

Userlevel 7

The Sonos One is compatible. The Sonos Play:1 is not compatible. Do you have the Play:1 or the One? If you have the One, have you tried unplugging it from power for a minute or two? Have you restarted your iOS device?

It’s the Sonos One (Gen 1), not the Play. It does allow me to stream via Airplay, I was just interested why it didn’t have a circle to allow me to stream to multiple rooms. Maybe it’s because I only have the one Sonos speaker at the moment. The second one is coming tonight! Thanks for your help. 

Yes, I have Play:1, Sonos One (gen-1) & (gen-2) and the latter two are both Airplay compatible and working here. A reboot of the device and/or router usually fixes things or resetting the network settings on the Apple device. Note too however, the One (gen-1 or 2) will not work as an Airplay device, if they’re ‘bonded’ as a surround to a Home Theatre device.

It’s the Sonos One (Gen 1), not the Play. It does allow me to stream via Airplay, I was just interested why it didn’t have a circle to allow me to stream to multiple rooms. Maybe it’s because I only have the one Sonos speaker at the moment. The second one is coming tonight! Thanks for your help. 

The circles appears when you first select a device - the circles next to the other ‘available’ devices should then appear in the iOS list. They no longer show by default.

‘Before’ and ‘After’ selection Airplay screenshots attached...

That’s great. Thanks Ken.