Question

Sonos on MacBook won't install controller update

• 21 November 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to install the latest Sonos controller update on my MacBook. Running Mojave 10.14.6. It asks for my username and password, which I give. It downloads the new files and asks me for u/n and p/w because Sonos wants to make changes. I give these but it does not accept them These are identical to the u/n and p/w I use on my iPhone, which works OK. In Settings, Privacy, I have added Sonos to “Accessibility”, to allow Sonos “to control my  computer”.

Any advice on how to continue, please?

As an aside, I get the impassion that Sonos don't really want to support laptops, and would prefer everyone used phones and tablets - is this true?

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

This is not answer to your post...yet.  :relaxed: However, could you verify what “U/N” means? I assume “P/W” is password.

Sonos still supports computers however, the ability to setup equipment among other things has been removed. Sonos research showed that the majority of it’s loyal customers use and/or prefer a portable iOS or Android device for the majority of Sonos interaction.   Click the link for more info on supported platforms and functionality:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US

Cheers!

Badge +2

U/N = username; P/W=password

Cheers1

Neil

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the clarification :relaxed: .  In both instances you should be entering the  “credentials” (U/N and P/W) for your MacBook.  

Cheers!

Badge +2

Well that worked! Many thanks, but I feel so foolish now!

Why did I think it wanted the Sonos password?

Cheers and thanks again

Neil

Userlevel 7

No worries...stuff happens. :relaxed:   Glad it all worked out!

Cheers!