Sonos not playing entire song from my iphone

I am playing music from My Music (purchase iTunes music) on the iPhone and Sonos will not play the entire songs. It just skips to the next song. Very frustrating.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

This was never an issue when I first got my sonos system but I have had this problem for over 12 months now, songs played from my iPhone regularly cut out before the end, going on to play the next track. I have good internet speeds and use a boost. It doesn't happen when using spotify so clearly its not an internet speed issue. I have spent thousands of dollars on speakers, subs and boosts and can't even play a song from beginning to end. This is a disgrace and a scam from Sonos and I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. Disgraceful!
As Jeff points out in the post immediately before yours, AirPlay 2 is an option, and as I use if frequently for Baseball games, it's easy to use.

As to the rest of it, you should thank Apple, who made the change that has made this process much more difficult.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, bernard1221. We can certainly get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause for you. Many thanks in advance.
Hi - i am also having this exact problem. did you get this resolved?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there,

At this time playback from the storage of iOS devices will likely have issues if you have any non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network. You can disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos devices on your network to get the streaming working again.

My advice is to download your music library off of your iOS devices and on to a computer or NAS drive. Then, you can set up a music share that will allow you to play your music on Sonos, using any controller, even when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network, and when your iOS device goes to sleep, or offline.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This was never an issue when I first got my sonos system but I have had this problem for over 12 months now, songs played from my iPhone regularly cut out before the end, going on to play the next track. I have good internet speeds and use a boost. It doesn't happen when using spotify so clearly its not an internet speed issue. I have spent thousands of dollars on speakers, subs and boosts and can't even play a song from beginning to end. This is a disgrace and a scam from Sonos and I would not recommend this product to my worst enemy. Disgraceful!

AirPlay functionality came out last year, and with that feature came the iOS streaming issue. You can get the music playing again in a couple ways, as described above.
The whole point of getting Sonos was so I could play music loaded on my phone without having to get my computer out or setting up shared systems. It used to be easy. Now it’s complicated and doesn’t work well unless you pay more money to subscribe to the services you approve of. It’s seemingly gotten worse with each software update. I wish I could return the 3 speakers I own because they’re mainly collecting dust now...
Userlevel 1
Badge
WHEN WILL SONOS TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY AND FIX THIS F****NG ISSUE! I HAVE SPENT A FORTUNE ON A SYSTEM THAT CANNOT PLAY A SONG IN ITS ENTIRETY FROM MY PHONE. DONT GIVE ME BULL**T "WORKAROUNDS" GIVE ME A FUNCTIONAL WORKING SOLUTION!!!!

TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY

DON'T LAY THIS PROBLEM AT APPLES DOORSTEP

IT"S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE JUST FIX IT FFS!!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,

At this time playback from the storage of iOS devices will likely have issues if you have any non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network. You can disable AirPlay on any non-Sonos devices on your network to get the streaming working again.

My advice is to download your music library off of your iOS devices and on to a computer or NAS drive. Then, you can set up a music share that will allow you to play your music on Sonos, using any controller, even when there are non-Sonos AirPlay devices active on your network, and when your iOS device goes to sleep, or offline.

JEFF - YOU GUYS ARE DOING NOTHING AND HAVE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO RECTIFY THIS, THERE ARE COUNTLESS THREADS ON HERE ABOUT THE ISSUE AND YOU CANNOT BE BOTHERED ADDRESSING THIS. STOP FIBBING US OFF WITH "WORKAROUNDS" JUST FIX THE ISSUE!!! I HAVE GENERATION 1 PRODUCTS SO CANNOT USE AIRPLAY AND WILL NOT SPEDN ANOTHER CENT OF YOUR OVERPRICED LIMITED PRODUCTS UNTILL YOU SORT THIS GLARING ISSUE AND MESS OUT. IF YOU CANT DO THE NESCALATE THIS TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY GIVES A DAM!!!!!! I AM BEYOND ANNOYE DABOUT THIS - BIG MONE SPENT ON A LIMITED SYSTEM... SHAMEFUL!
I have the same problem. I do not have any non-Sonos devices on my network and I am not using AirPlay. I'm playing this through the Sonos app on my iPhone. Please advise.

Hi there,