Sonos no longer working on iPod

• 6 April 2019
  • 7 replies

I've been using Sonos on my 2nd? Generation iPod for over a year with no problem. Suddenly this week it says my software is out of date and it can no longer be played on this device?? I checked for an update but Apple says I have the latest software version. Is there any work around for this? The iPod works great and does not need to be replaced.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

You aren't the only one. Check other discussions. Aparently not much to do about it except shelve your old iPad (if you can't update your OS, which I cannot) and spring for a new one. I don't know about you, but I can't afford to do this every time Sonos decides to update its application. Sonos, what do you say about this?
I definitely agree that I will not be spending money to buy a new iPod. Sonos worked fine before so I second your question, Sonos what do you say about this?
I don't want to get another iPod to be able to use my Play 1 speakers! Don't tell me to buy another device. I should have just got some Audioengine speakers instead and used bluetooth. I wonder if they would take trade-ins?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Check out SonoPad from the App Store, it works on older Apple devices.
Thanks, I downloaded SonoPhone for my iPod touch.
we've downloaded sonopad on to ipad, but it wont play our existing music ? only the radio?
we've downloaded sonopad on to ipad, but it wont play our existing music ? only the radio?
See my reply HERE